NEW Jeep Truck Photos on Car & Driver

Ddays

Hooked
So this was on the cover and inside of my Car & Driver today. This doesn't look like a prototype - this looks like the done deal.
Note the Renegade style taillights

Edit: So I've gone back and looked hard at the photos. I can't tell if this is a photo-shopped rendering or if these are actual prototypes.
The placement of the vehicle in the second photo is obviously edited, but these really do look like a well-finished prototype. Time will tell I guess.
A couple tidbits in the story is a claim that the frame will be hydro-formed, and that the body will be a combination of aluminum, steel & plastic

0331161340.jpg

0331161339.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That looks pretty legit or at least, a pretty good representation of what we might be able to see both on the new truck if it actually happens as well as the JL. Looks good but I wish it wouldn't look so much like a JK.

Ddays

Hooked
That looks pretty legit or at least, a pretty good representation of what we might be able to see both on the new truck if it actually happens as well as the JL. Looks good but I wish it wouldn't look so much like a JK.

I agree. Would be cool if they had a slightly different truck specific grill or different flares or something to differentiate the two.

I think it looks pretty cool. I'd drive that.

If that's the pickup box that's gonna be made, then honestly, it came out better than what I was expecting.

Napalm

That's crazy! In the second picture it looks like it sitting in the Elder Dodge showroom.. The place where I bought Steel!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Umm, I bet the front ends different.

Kinda like the change from CJ to YJ. Change the grill and call it new

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Umm, I bet the front ends different.

Kinda like the change from CJ to YJ. Change the grill and call it new

This ^^^

Not that I wouldn't want the truck, I'm just tired of the JK and was really hoping for something fresh and original. Oh well.

Ddays

Hooked
Looks like a fixed top.

Probably a liability issue? I can picture some dumbass driving down the freeway with no roof trying to haul sheets of drywall.
Or slamming on the brakes and shit flying into the passenger compartment..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Probably a liability issue? I can picture some dumbass driving down the freeway with no roof trying to haul sheets of drywall.
Or slamming on the brakes and shit flying into the passenger compartment..

I'll bet you're right. You can't even rent a trailer from U-Haul unless you have a hardtop.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
NEW Jeep Truck Photos on Car & Driver

I flipped it for you. I couldn't look at it right upside down. :p ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459449517.350051.jpg

Top Bottom