Newbie Rubicon Camber Adjustment Help

CMJ

Newbie Jumped Rubicon, Camber Adjustment Help

Hi Guy's, new JKUR owner here. I hope someone can chime in here and give me some tips. I messed up my camber alignment. I was out with some friends that have modded Raptors and long travel Tacoma's. Everyone was jumping, so I figured I'd get in on the action. Nothing crazy 5-6' of air at the most. The guys were pretty shocked how well the Rubicon jumped and landed. Anyway I got home and noticed I have about 2 degrees of camber in the front wheels. I'm pretty sure it wasn't always like this. I looked at some JKs on Google, and they look like they all have less than 1 degree from the factory. How in the hell do I adjust the camber on this thing? Is there any adjustment in the ball joints?

I've only got about 3k miles on it. I can always just head back to the dealer, but I'd rather just learn to do it by myself.

Last edited:

JKbrick

Hi Guy's, new JKUR owner here. I hope someone can chime in here and give me some tips. I messed up my camber alignment. I was out with some friends that have modded Raptors and long travel Tacoma's. Everyone was jumping, so I figured I'd get in on the action. Nothing crazy 5-6' of air at the most. The guys were pretty shocked how well the Rubicon jumped and landed. Anyway I got home and noticed I have about 2 degrees of camber in the front wheels. I'm pretty sure it wasn't always like this. I looked at some JKs on Google, and they look like they all have less than 1 degree from the factory. How in the hell do I adjust the camber on this thing? Is there any adjustment in the ball joints?

I've only got about 3k miles on it. I can always just head back to the dealer, but I'd rather just learn to do it by myself.

To adjust the camber simply replace the axle housing

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You can see one degree of camber with your eye? That's pretty good.

You jumped your jeep, what did you expect to happen?

CMJ

You can see one degree of camber with your eye? That's pretty good.

You jumped your jeep, what did you expect to happen?

I own a camber gauge, but yes I'm pretty good at eyeballing it. I sold my Evo 9 track day car to get the JK. I used to adjust the suspension on that car all the time.

Moochie

I own a camber gauge, but yes I'm pretty good at eyeballing it. I sold my Evo 9 track day car to get the JK. I used to adjust the suspension on that car all the time.

There is no camber adjustment on a JK. Adjustable ball joints supposedly can help.

WJCO

Meme King

The dealer so sell you a new axle and tell you no warranty.

To adjust the camber simply replace the axle housing

Yes. That will fix it.

There is no camber adjustment on a JK. Adjustable ball joints supposedly can help.

This would be your only option. If you didn't bend it beyond what ball joints could make up for.

The first step would be to actually measure it and see what you're dealing with.

CMJ

Is it bad form for a new guy to participate in an April fools joke? I figured the 5-6" of air would have raised a red flag, and given it away. I honestly don't think that would be a good idea with the full Evo coilover lever setup. I have gotten a few feet of air, but only one tire at a time:)

WJCO

Meme King
Is it bad form for a new guy to participate in an April fools joke? I figured the 5-6" of air would have raised a red flag, and given it away. I honestly don't think that would be a good idea with the full Evo coilover lever setup. I have gotten a few feet of air, but only one tire at a time:)

With that kind of humor, you'll fit in fine here. Especially if you can handle the shit that gets dished out as a result of it! :thumb:

CMJ

Just for the record, my well calibrated eye estimates that at about 30 degrees of camber;). I guess there are a lot of idiots out there. I love to see that video.

I was starting to worry that I played it off too well, and no one would believe it was a joke. I hope that the guys that already posted come back and read it again...

WJCO

Meme King
Just for the record, my well calibrated eye estimates that at about 30 degrees of camber;). I guess there are a lot of idiots out there. I love to see that video.

I was starting to worry that I played it off too well, and no one would believe it was a joke. I hope that the guys that already posted come back and read it again...

Lol. They will.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Haha, yeah I saw it. Glad my post turned out to be the case. But we'll done sir. I think you played it well.

Top Bottom