Ordered a 2016 JK. Questions.

Helwyr

Hopefully someone can help me. I ordered a 2016 Jeep jk sport. During the build process at my dealers computer I noticed that the "performance suspension" was $0, so I jumped on it.

It's on my purchase agreement but nowhere on the window sticker when I punch in the vin. Got the call from dealer that my vehicle is in and I can come in anytime, but I won't be able to make it until Thursday. I asked about the extras, and he says the only extras added was auto suspension and the granite crystal paint job. Called back to " confirm " that if it's on the purchase agreement that it's included. How can I actually tell that they're installed when I look at them on Thursday?

On a side, but related note, dealer had promised black 17" Rubicon rims and 32" on/off road tires that were available in his special program (rims not available on the sport on the website, but we're in his program) and he's now saying that they're not available at all on the sport and that it would cost an extra $1300 CDN to upgrade.

Any suggestions or anyone with similar situations?

GraniteCrystal

Do you have it in writing? If not, might have to get a little belligerent. If he promised you wheels, don't drive off till you have them. See if you can find the special online or something and bring that in as well as proof.

EDIT: great color choice :)

TIPN OVR

You can review the 2016 Wrangler Order Guide and see what is available for the Sport.

http://www.mikesjeep.com/pdfs/2016_wrangler_order_guide.pdf

I did some research of my own before I ordered my Jeep and you can read my write-up here:

http://www.mikesjeep.com/which_model.html

In regards to the suspension I wrote, "There are three differently named suspensions under the various models of Wrangler, the Sahara has the "heavy duty suspension w/gas shocks", the Rubicon and Willys have the "performance suspension", and the Sport settles with the "normal duty suspension". If your buying a lift kit you can disregard those differences as well (unless your going with a budget left that just uses spacers)."

As far as I know you can not order a different suspension for the Sport and the wheels you want are also not available for the Sport either, you'd be buying them as a Mopar Performance Part most likely.

TLife

The performance suspension is the same suspension that comes on the Rubicon. It can be differentiated from the sport suspension most easily by the red shocks you can see from the back.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Having just gone through this process I feel your pain!
Hopefully someone can help me. I ordered a 2016 Jeep jk sport. During the build process at my dealers computer I noticed that the "performance suspension" was $0, so I jumped on it.
Not likely that you're getting the performance suspension unless you have it in writing as it is not an option on the sport.
On a side, but related note, dealer had promised black 17" Rubicon rims and 32" on/off road tires that were available in his special program (rims not available on the sport on the website, but we're in his program) and he's now saying that they're not available at all on the sport and that it would cost an extra $1300 CDN
Again, not an option on a sport, but maybe the dealer had some take offs and since sold them or is putting you over the preverbal barrel? The wheels and shocks might have been from a Willys that they added a dealer lift and tire to? Good Luck!

Last edited:

TIPN OVR

...maybe the dealer had some take offs and since sold them or is putting you over the preverbal barrel? The wheels and shocks might have been from a Willys that they added a dealer lift and tire to? Good Luck!

I just ordered a Rubicon and I mentioned to the dealer that I'm going straight to Dana Ultimate 60's (which require 8 lug wheels). He offered to buy back the stock Rubicon wheels and tires for $1,000, so the dealers must not have an easy way to get them for less then that.

Helwyr

Thanks for the responses guys. Very helpful.

I do have the performance suspension in writing on my purchase agreement, sadly not the tires and wheels.

On one hand, I'm already calling the tires and wheels a loss, mainly because it's not in writing. On the other hand, since the performance shocks are in writing and if they're not there, I can just call that as a breach and try to squeeze the tires/rims out of them.

Only reason I went with this dealer, and not the one closer to my place, is because my parents bought their 2015 Cherokee there and wanted to give them the business. So far I'm not overly impressed on their "we promised you this, but we made the mistake of promising you stuff we can't deliver on, so if you still want them... Itll cost extra..." additude.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't get too excited either way, because there's not much performance to the option. You're going to want to upgrade no matter what.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I just ordered a Rubicon and I mentioned to the dealer that I'm going straight to Dana Ultimate 60's (which require 8 lug wheels). He offered to buy back the stock Rubicon wheels and tires for $1,000, so the dealers must not have an easy way to get them for less then that.
So generous those dealers! When I was still deciding on which Wrangler to get I drove a Sport "S" with the factory installed 2" Mopar lift, dealer installed aftermarket wheels, 35" tires and stock 3.21's. Drove like a pile of shit, I thought maybe if the price was right.... Anyway when I asked about the original "S" package wheels and tires the salesman said that they were "for sale" and didn't come with the Jeep that I was looking at. Crooks - it's not like they were advertising a $1,000 discount on the upgrades!

I wouldn't get too excited either way, because there's not much performance to the option. You're going to want to upgrade no matter what.
^^^^^ This!

Helwyr

Finally home from work, so I can focus on one thing at a time. :rolleyes2:

Last I spoke to my dealer, his claims were:

1. He's new, so I should keep in mind that he's just learning their system.
  2. Performance suspension is NOT an upgrade for the Sport, but does acknowledge that it's on my purchase agreement. *see image below*
  3. When asked if the Wrangler does in fact have the performance suspension installed, he said "I don't know".
  4. When asked to check, he said "No" and changed the subject to tires/wheels.
  5. Tires ARE an upgrade for the Sport.
  6. Wheels are NOT an official upgrade for the Sport.
  7. Their in house build software DOES show performance suspension, wheels and tires as upgrades for the Sport.
  8. He acknowledges that we did add the tires and rims to the build and that the program MAY have removed them due to the wheels not being an official upgrade for the Sport.

I get that the "upgrades" jeep can add are far from the best, but the suspension upgrade was $0 in their program, and marked as "included" on my agreement. If I have the choice of normal suspension for $0 vs. performance suspension for $0... you get where I'm going with this. :rolleyes2:

agreement.jpg

wcarlson40

What's the almost $5000 in discounts listed there? I'd say you still came out ahead, even if you didn't get the "performance" suspension....

Helwyr

What's the almost $5000 in discounts listed there? I'd say you still came out ahead, even if you didn't get the "performance" suspension....

$3424 I believe is a combination of employee bonus, loyalty and friends/family discounts
$2000 consumer cash

I'm definitely not arguing that it's a bad deal. Just looking for opinions about how to proceed. :)

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Some options they have in Canada are different than usa. Too bad have to pay the duties or id swing over and buy one. 24k cad at today's exchange rate would be awesome lol

Helwyr

Quick update.

Just got back from the dealership. Was supposed to be a quick meeting to discuss warranties, financing, licensing etc...

Of course I brought up the suspension, tires and wheels.

My sales guy admits he made some mistakes, as I was his first customer since he started working at this dealership.

3 major ones.

Tires/Wheels got taken off the build list since they're not available for the sport.
Performance Suspension are on the build list, but shouldn't be.
He didn't actually bill me for the upgrade to the automatic, so "I should be grateful at the extra deal he got me" an extra $1495 off the jeep.

When I got home, I did some quick math, and that is a 100% full blown lie. Since in the image I posted a few days ago, the extra 1495 bucks are included in the TOTAL BASIC VEHICLE price.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I need a beer.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't sweat it too much. You got a great deal! Here in the states there is no such thing as consumer cash on a Wrangler!

Top Bottom