the internet police have arrived

WJCO

Meme King
You gotta be fucking kidding me! Is this shit for real?!?

I don't think it's real, but in today's pansy-ass world, who knows. I feel like writing them a dirty, racist email on their contact page right now, lol.

Ddays

Hooked
I don't think it's real, but in today's pansy-ass world, who knows. I feel like writing them a dirty, racist email on their contact page right now, lol.

IDK man, I checked the website out and it looks legit. Honestly, when the AI's take over in a few years this will be how they find us foul-mouthed bastards.
Did you check the link MTG posted on the AI shit? It was on the anti-collision car thread. Scary stuff in the long term....

JAGS

Hooked
Just a note, not everybody online is 18+. As a parent, I'd like to see this in action so some piece of shit, dirty ass 50 year old doesn't become some keyboard badass in minecraft. You'd be surprised some of the nasty things out there kids have to deal with.

For most sites/pages, yeah, this is pretty lame.

Ddays

Hooked
Just a note, not everybody online is 18+. As a parent, I'd like to see this in action so some piece of shit, dirty ass 50 year old doesn't become some keyboard badass in minecraft. You'd be surprised some of the nasty things out there kids have to deal with.

For most sites/pages, yeah, this is pretty lame.

Yeah, I just googled this company & read a few articles on them and would like to amend my initial response. Coming from that angle I totally get that now. My youngest is 18 now so I'm not up with the online gaming stuff the younger kids do. (I had to Google Air Soft fer crying out loud EDIT - I know that's not an online game!). Kids nowadays have to deal with shit I could never even fathom growing up. Social media has some crazy stuff out there. Parents really gotta be on their toes these days. Its one thing on a Jeep site, totally different on a Little Mermaid game

Last edited:

NavyJeeper

do you think if you wrote it to them on their contact page there website would SIFT through it and not allow them to read it hahahahaha:brows:

WJCO

Meme King
do you think if you wrote it to them on their contact page there website would SIFT through it and not allow them to read it hahahahaha:brows:

Lol. I would purposefully mis-spell everything to make sure they got it. :cheesy:

iRonin

The slippery slope usually involves the limited scope of where something like this makes total sense (as y'all noted, with kids, etc). But then you look at one of the quotes prominently displayed on their site and see "Every social product should be using Community Sift." and shudder...

trailraider

I have no issue with certain site using the service. as stated earlier with the kids, I have the issue with the fact they monitor EVERYTHING.

Recurve

Really if you think about it. The Internet is the one truly free place where the government can't control.... Yet.
Programs like this "sift" will be the spear head for a greater source of control. IMO

JAGS

Hooked
The slippery slope usually involves the limited scope of where something like this makes total sense (as y'all noted, with kids, etc). But then you look at one of the quotes prominently displayed on their site and see "Every social product should be using Community Sift." and shudder...

I have no issue with certain site using the service. as stated earlier with the kids, I have the issue with the fact they monitor EVERYTHING.

Really if you think about it. The Internet is the one truly free place where the government can't control.... Yet.
Programs like this "sift" will be the spear head for a greater source of control. IMO

Ever watch CSI Cyber? They don't just make that shit up and the big bro is already monitoring the net.

The web is a source of information. It will stay unregulated to some extent. But I agree with things like shutting down terrorist portals and monitoring for acts of violence.

This sift deal is a "company." Of course they are going to market it as though every social site should have it. Pretty dam smart. Wish I had thought of it actually. All it is is a bunch bunch of filters I'm guessing. I doubt better homes and garden, sports illustrated and target want to pay people to monitor their pages when they can more cheaply pay a service.

Wayalife doesn't need sift. Eddie has all of us to keep out the riff raff. [emoji6][emoji106]

Top Bottom