2016 Rubicon sway bar disco light flashing after EVO enforcer lift

Weeeee

I went to disconnect my sway bar today for the first time since installing the EVO Enforcer lift. I hit the button and all that happens is the light flashes. Actually it is also the first time I have ever tried since purchasing the Jeep.

I have not taken it to the dealer yet but wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before and had any insight.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
I went to disconnect my sway bar today for the first time since installing the EVO Enforcer lift. I hit the button and all that happens is the light flashes. Actually it is also the first time I have ever tried since purchasing the Jeep.

I have not taken it to the dealer yet but wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before and had any insight.

Ensure that the vehicle is in 4WD then press the button, it won't disconnect in 2WD and will just flash.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Quote from the owner's manual:

To disconnect the stabilizer/sway bar, shift to either 4H
or 4L and press the SWAY BAR switch to obtain the
off-road position. Refer to “Four-Wheel Drive Operation”
in “Starting and Operating” for further information. The
“Sway Bar Indicator Light” will flash until the stabilizer/
sway bar has been fully disconnected.
NOTE: The stabilizer/sway bar may be torque locked
due to left and right suspension height differences. This
condition is due to driving surface differences or vehicle
loading. In order for the stabilizer/sway bar to
disconnect/reconnect, the right and left halves of the bar
must be aligned. This alignment may require that the
vehicle be driven onto level ground or rocked from side
to side.

Last edited:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Actually, I'm pretty sure you have to be in 4-lo for it to activate, and if you exceed 18mph, it will re-lock.

This. The first time i went to rausch i was confused why i couldnt get mine to disconnect. You must be in 4 low

Speeddmn

Mine flashes at me for a little bit, eventually it stays lit. As mentioned, ensure you are on level ground, in 4lo, then slowly drive in a straight line (about 10 yards). If the light still flashes, go to the interwebs and buy the evo no limits switch for it....

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

for the sway bar, your Jeep needs to be in 4wd (low or high, doesnt matter) then press the button. Light will blink, now drive the jeep over a level, flat surface, light will go solid, sway is disconnected and will remain so until you press the button again (AND drive over a level surface) or you exceed 18mph

Lockers work the same, only jeep needs to be in 4lo. when mine was new, I could only get the rear to lock the first few times by backing the jeep up a few feet each time. so try to play around with it for a few minutes before giving up

:thumb:

EDIT: Try not to turn the jeep while in 4wd if you are on pavement. It will bind the drivetrain and that is a good way to strip spider gears

Last edited:

rinkishjk

Your profile says u have a tj. Did u install a jk rubicon swaybar in a tj!?

oyoquem

Did you drill and rotate your sway bar disconnect?

Same thing happened to me. Every jeep is a little different and in my case, I believe it was the track bar that was pressing against my swaybar harness connector. Off road evolution did the install and was able to take care of it by rotating my swaybar motor the opposite way than they usually rotate it. I haven't had any issues with it after that.

Weeeee

I have tried it in 4hi - 4lo, driven slowly on even ground etc, but still nothing. Guess I am headed to the dealer.

zimm

Caught the Bug
If you put adjustable links on I bet the bar is in a bind. Try undoing them and unlock the sway bar. If that's it, then make sure the end links are attached on level ground and after bouncing on the front bumper a few times.

Top Bottom