Pulled the trigger!

Dopey84

I just pulled the trigger and sold my hardtop and ordered my trektop nx thanks to quadratec who had it in stock I can't wait for the new top and look...! Kinda nervous though ain't gonna lie.. Going from the hardtop. But hell you only live once lol

JKUR-08

Congrats on your (soon) new trektop. I want to sell my hardtop too, but I love the limo tint out here in summers to keep my little dude cooler in the back. Let us know how you like it!

tdougherty81

I just pulled the trigger and sold my hardtop and ordered my trektop nx thanks to quadratec who had it in stock I can't wait for the new top and look...! Kinda nervous though ain't gonna lie.. Going from the hardtop. But hell you only live once lol

Sold my hard to get the Trektop and haven't regretted it.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I only run my trektop in the spring and maybe a little in the fall. I feel like when the top was new it was quiet, after a while it seems like it has gotten a lot louder in the cab, I have a lot of wind noise in the cab on the highway. When I did run the top in the summer months it get a bit loose and flaps, especially in the back where the top over laps the rear window. But it looks great, is nice in the spring and great for city driving, and allows you to go topless a lot easier, I am glad I kept my hardtop.

Napalm

I love my TrekTop NX, being in Texas I don't need both tops. You'll be very pleased with it.

Wind noise is to be expected with a soft top, I just made a 200 mile trip and mine and it was louder than the hardtop, but no where near unbearable.

Be patient with the install. Let your windows stay out in the sun for a while before starting you'll be fine. Good luck. Enjoy it!

Youll love it. Fits like a glove and isnt too noisy at all. Mines been through 4 12"+ snows. No problem.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I have the twill soft top that came with my 2015 JKUR (my only top) and we got down to -35 C (-31 F) and it was ok. Jeep puts out good heat. For reference my last Jeep was a 07 Grand Cherokee with heated leather seats....heated were nice but interior heats up quick enough for me and my wife did not complain other than to notice no heated seats...but without leather I don't miss the heated seats much. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460233061.357824.jpg

DemCoconuts

I sold my hardtop and got the regular Trektop NX a month or so back. No regrets. A tad loud when the wind is blowing hard, and loses heat fast (the monster heater solves that easily).

Bootlover101

I've been driving Jeeps all my life since l was 9yrs old in 1974. I've had em all. I have always had soft tips on all my Jeeps for one simple reason. Then you out the top down it's with you. Hard tops suck cuz you take it off and it isn't with you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_1477632970.903747.jpg IMG_1477632997.577517.jpg IMG_1477633019.371746.jpg

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

I've been driving Jeeps all my life since l was 9yrs old in 1974. I've had em all. I have always had soft tips on all my Jeeps for one simple reason. Then you out the top down it's with you. Hard tops suck cuz you take it off and it isn't with you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app View attachment 228628 View attachment 228629 View attachment 228630
Nice looking jeep [emoji106] . While I have only owned three jeeps my first was an 84 cj7 with a hard top, the second was an 83 cj7 renegade with a soft top and my current and third is my 16 rubi with a soft top. Hated the hard to because of the issue of having to take it off and not having it with me when I needed it. Fell in love the soft top when I got the Renegade. When I decided to pull the trigger on a new jeep I at first wanted a hard to for the extra security, but they didn't have one available in a 2dr rubicon. Honestly after getting it and dropping the soft top on it I was glad they didn't. Like you I prefer the soft top.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepfan30

I sold my hard top 2.5 years ago, been rocking the twill trektop since and love it. I live in WA and temp has never been an issue. I have ran it through car wash twice, it has never leaked ever. I rode in a friends JK with hard top last week and the noise level is negligible. IMO. Great top ����

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
After I buy tires, the next step is getting a soft top & selling this hard top. I had a hard top in my garag for 2 years, and never put it on in the winter, like I thought I would, on my last Jeep. Soft top 365, 24/7

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom