What pressure gauge do you use and why?

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm looking for a high quality clip on pressure gauge that I can inflate through using my air compressor when airing up. What are ya'll using?

WJCO

Meme King
My compressor already has one built on it, I just use that. I've confirmed it's accuracy with a second gauge as well. When I switch over to ARB, I'll get one like the picture above.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Looking at pictures:

The ARB is $33 on Amazon. Stainless braid line. Chuck looks crimped on- so not replaceable? 0-100 dial gauge
Powertank is $70, poly line, swivel 90 degree end and replaceable chuck. Liquid filled 0-60 dial gauge

My extremeaire magnum air compressor is supposed to use a flow through chuck so air always runs through it. That's so the air line won't over pressurize and rupture since I'm running sans tank and pressure switch. I have a flow through chuck that I could put on the powertank model.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Like the arb that came with my compressor but I'll check out the warn of the quality is that much better.

tgoss

I use the same ARB one everyone else does. I had a local hose shop crimp on a longer air hose on the nozzle side so I don't have to stay bent over while airing up. Works great on my knees.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Like the arb that came with my compressor but I'll check out the warn of the quality is that much better.

So I have an Warn one from 2007, is superior in quality to my new Warn one I just picked up with the Powerplant.
It's heavier, the thumb compressor is beefier. All around heavier construction.

The new cheaper built one is still nicer than the ARB, but not as nice. I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow of all three.

Top Bottom