This F'ing Parking Brake!!!

bonedaddy

my loaner while the JKU is in the shop...

What's with this f'n parking brake bullshit?

Attachments

• 2016-04-12 07.50.55-1.jpg
    2016-04-12 07.50.55-1.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 251

Scrambler

That parking brake is one of the most annoying things about my wife's renegade. It drives me up the wall when I put it into gear and realize that it's on.

jgoerlitz

I have mine set up to engage every time it I put it in park. You can adjust the settings on the radio screen while "in park."

Scrambler

I have mine set up to engage every time it I put it in park. You can adjust the settings on the radio screen while "in park."

I'll have to look at it again tonight when I get home. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the interior dome lights come on when you open the door. Damn electronics...

jgoerlitz

Should be a couple of dials to the left of the steering wheel. One that controls dome lights and the other for the ambient.

jgoerlitz

Any other setting would be done through the radio. The button on the bottom right corner of the radio screen that says more. Press that, then it should have the outside temp displayed and a couple selections. Push on settings and you should have many additional setting adjustments for parking brake, door locks, lights, rearview back up camera, Bluetooth connectivity, and so on. Just scroll down and customize your Renny to how you like.

Scrambler

I appreciate the help. Didn't think to mess with the dials on the left and truthfully, I don't drive it very much so I haven't taken the time to mess with a lot of the settings.

bonedaddy

Yeah they are replacing the rear main seal on my JKU ... Supposed to be done today, but i still have the damn renny ...

FireHawk

As said above, the parking brake can be turned off in the Uconnect settings of the radio. Then it only comes on manually, when you want to set it. That's how mine was set from the factory, and I think its the right call. Ive never had an issue out of mine.

Top Bottom