Hard Top Storage and Soft Top Problems

So I built a hard top cart and got the hard top off no problem!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460571060.606544.jpg

Only problem is that when I was putting on the soft top I messed up the zipper... It looks like I missed a tooth and then I got jumbled up, it's no a huge deal because the gap is tiny, but it bugs me because of my OCD, any one have any ideas on pesky zippers?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460571162.194067.jpg

Along with this, my sister had this soft top on last fall on her jeep. She is in high school and during homecoming they paint car windows. Anyways, there is a huge "HOMECOMING" written on the back window of the soft top. What is the best way to get this off with out having to scrape it off and ruining the window? I know water won't take it off.

Thanks guys! Any help is appreciated!

jagrubb99

Not sure if it will work with paint but the dealer taped a temporary tag to my soft top and we used wd-40 and it took the goo from the tape right off. Did nothing to the top. I would try that if nothing else seems to work

rinkishjk

So I built a hard top cart and got the hard top off no problem!

View attachment 198376

Only problem is that when I was putting on the soft top I messed up the zipper... It looks like I missed a tooth and then I got jumbled up, it's no a huge deal because the gap is tiny, but it bugs me because of my OCD, any one have any ideas on pesky zippers?

View attachment 198377

Along with this, my sister had this soft top on last fall on her jeep. She is in high school and during homecoming they paint car windows. Anyways, there is a huge "HOMECOMING" written on the back window of the soft top. What is the best way to get this off with out having to scrape it off and ruining the window? I know water won't take it off.

Thanks guys! Any help is appreciated!

U can try pledge to get the writing off the window. Not sure if it will work, but it will get rid of scratches in it.

mcgyvr

!

Unzip it past that spot and then just zip it again and it should realign itself... Make sure you use caution in that area and try to remove any pressure,etc.. so it can zip properly..
zippers "should" just readjust and find the tooth again..

I do that shit all the time with over stuffed luggage,etc... I've always just been able to unzip and rezip and voila..
Unless you physically damaged the zipper..

trailraider

This is what Jeep has on one of the tsb's

Please cycle the zipper 5-10 times when there is a single skipped zipper tooth.

Top Bottom