Aftermarket electronic Ignition for CJ7

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Planning to replace the ignition on my old CJ7. It is an aftermarket one called Jacobs Mileage Master. Don't want to go to stock points and condenser and coil.

Looking for recommendations.
I was recommend the Pertronix kit by a shop I trust and wanted to confirm it was a good move

professorkx

We have a complete msd system including distributor on the 304 in the 78 cj5, and it has worked great, but its expensive...

JeepJeep75

I had a Jacobs electronic ignition on an old Mazda pickup I used to have. It worked really well but was really expensive and eventually died. My brother used the Pertronix kit on his '65 Mustang. It worked really well also without any problems.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I had a Jacobs electronic ignition on an old Mazda pickup I used to have. It worked really well but was really expensive and eventually died. My brother used the Pertronix kit on his '65 Mustang. It worked really well also without any problems.

I think this Jacobs one is dying
Thanks for the input.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Yea. When my Jacobs went it would run, but wouldn't rev up and misfired badly under any sort of load.

That's what this is working toward. After the engine gets warm and runs for about 20 minutes it starts to weaken and then stalls. Usually stalls when backing into the garage. Nothing I can do to it makes it start. Just turns over and no firing at all, smells flooded. Wait for it to cool off and starts up immediately.

Top Bottom