Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Jeepers...Post Up Your Pics

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    A little off topic but whatís a good fly rod setup to learn with. Something to start off with and practice in my pond? I know nothing at all about them.
    I really do like Orvis rods, they have a entry level set up called a Clearwater that comes with a reel and rod set that carries a good warranty an cast quite well for the money. There are less expensive setups, but they donít cast or last as well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I really do like Orvis rods, they have a entry level set up called a Clearwater that comes with a reel and rod set that carries a good warranty an cast quite well for the money. There are less expensive setups, but they donít cast or last as well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Thanks, Iíll check them out. Iíd rather pay a little more for something that works well versus buying cheap and getting pissed off trying to learn on it and then give up.

Thanks, Iíll check them out. Iíd rather pay a little more for something that works well versus buying cheap and getting pissed off trying to learn on it and then give up.
    I couldnít agree more. Having crap equipment and quitting because you get frustrated with is a great way to miss out on a wonderful sport. Next to running the Jeep, itís my favorite thing to do.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Yakima has a new rod holder that looks pretty sweet...pricey for what it is, but sweet nonetheless.

IMG_5315.JPG

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5317.JPG
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Andy I asked my dad and he said he has a couple fly rods for you that you could get used to fly fishing with before you spend any money on equipment

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Andy I asked my dad and he said he has a couple fly rods for you that you could get used to fly fishing with before you spend any money on equipment

Well thatís just awesome! Thanks. Iíll have to get them from you next time I see you. When you get your tipm back weíll have to Try to figure out what the hells wrong with Brick.

A little off topic but whatís a good fly rod setup to learn with. Something to start off with and practice in my pond? I know nothing at all about them.
    Buy the very best you can afford...and donít give up; fly fishing doesnít happen overnight...

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    We didnít have a scale on the river but plus it minus 30 lbs. I was chasing a 48Ē+ salmon up and down the river that had to weight in the 40 lb class. My 8 wt rod could take it it and broke after the third battle. He won , I lost. I ordered a 10 wt hydros for next year. Happy birthday to me!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Nice! Bummer about your 8wt though. Mine did the same. But mine was due to my shit back cast in the wind and a heavy clouser smashing into it. lol
    Looking at snagging a 10í 10wt H3. Let us know what you think of the new stick.
    Ouch...I just ordered me a 10í 8wt Sage X...lmk how you like Hydros...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Yakima has a new rod holder that looks pretty sweet...pricey for what it is, but sweet nonetheless.

IMG_5315.JPG

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5317.JPG
    That looks nice...Iíve already mounted my rod holder from Denver Outfitters on my trailer recently...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well thatís just awesome! Thanks. Iíll have to get them from you next time I see you. When you get your tipm back weíll have to Try to figure out what the hells wrong with Brick.
    Sounds great Iíll have him get them out

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast