New 35in Daily Driver Tires

Sooner_Jeeper

Alright, my Toyo M/T's are starting get a lot of wear. They have been great to me any of there terrain I have put them through. They are 35x12.50R17. Since I'm in college now I don't do a lot of wheeling (can't afford to break anything, only vehicle) I'm wanting a better road handling tire, but with great Offroad capability. I'm looking for road handling, how long they last, noise (wanting quieter), all those features. I'm looking at the Toyo R/T's, the new Falken M/T's, General Grabbers, BFG KO2's, post up your pics and opinions!

Rodeo_jk

My vote is for KO2s or goodyear duratracs, had good experiences with both. The duratracs are excellent in snow and rain too

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I've had BFG all terrains on quite a few vehicles. They have always worked great for me as a daily driver tire that sees off road use on the weekends. They wear great, I have always got quite a few miles out of them. In my opinion you can't go wrong with a good all terrain for a daily driver. With that said, I have been very curious about the in between tires like the Toyo RT and Nitto Exo Grappler. Seem like a good compromise of road and a more aggressive off road tire.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Ive ran several sets of the original BFG ATs and would definitely look at a set of the KO2s if I wanted a tire like you are describing. I feel like they are the perfect combo for a daily driver 4x4 that still needs a slightly aggressive tire for snow and for some dirt etc. I had a set on a 2wd Colorado that had the Z71 suspension and rotated them like clock work and got excellent mileage out of them. Had another set on a 04 4x4 crew cab dodge diesel and they rode great and I went anywhere I was willing to put the truck.

If we can ever get another 4 door for the wife, it will probably get a set of the KO2s in a 33.

el_chupo_

After seeing a Toyo RTZ, and the AT II in person, they look awesome in larger sizes. I would definitely try out the AT2 for an All Terrain, or for a bit more aggressive the RTZ or Exo Grappler from Nitto.

I had Duratracs in 315/70 before my current Cooper MTP, and I would run those again as well, no issues offroad with them at all, but they were louder than I liked after they got down under 7-8/32's.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I have been running 35" Toyo AT2 Extremes on my crew cab diesel.... They wear so much better than the Open Country Muds, ride great and look great.

TennJK

The KO2's are great hands down. Quiet on the road and they can take care of business off road for sure. Definitely one to consider

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
Duratrac

had 35s on 18 on my 2012 JKU
going 35s on 17s on my 2016 JKUR

best on road rain performance, better then KO2 in my opinion. im in South florida so this was a major concern. wheeled the hell out of my last set and i loved every minute of it...not too much rock though, mud/sand/gravel/boulders

spencerd45

At Tires

Alright, my Toyo M/T's are starting get a lot of wear. They have been great to me any of there terrain I have put them through. They are 35x12.50R17. Since I'm in college now I don't do a lot of wheeling (can't afford to break anything, only vehicle) I'm wanting a better road handling tire, but with great Offroad capability. I'm looking for road handling, how long they last, noise (wanting quieter), all those features. I'm looking at the Toyo R/T's, the new Falken M/T's, General Grabbers, BFG KO2's, post up your pics and opinions!

I have ran both the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 and the Toyo Open Country At2. By far, the Nitto rides much softer, handles better on the road, and is much quieter. The Toyo's definitely look more aggressive, but have been very noisy and wearing faster than the Nitto's

Riflefan

I am not sure where you live, so this may or may not be a concern. I live were there are a lot of jagged rocks while off roading. The KO2s, from what I have heard and seen, have a tougher side wall than the other tires in this thread. If you are going to be airing down and playing in the rocks now and then, the KO2s will do well.

Jeep jk RUBY

I have the General Grabbers and there great on road and also off-road.

I don't know if it is something you might be interested in but I have just the normal KOs from BFG and my old set lasted me 45,000+ miles(someone had them before me) and I just got some new KOs knowing they would wear and last me a very long time

segt99

Cooper S/T Maxx

I have run Cooper tires in the past. My last set were the Cooper Discoverer STT mud-terrain tires. Those tires had 50,000 miles on them when i traded in the Jeep, and plenty of thread left to go.

I recently installed the Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx on my new Jeep. These are more All-Terrain but a bit more aggressive then most. Can't speak for mileage but I expect them to last 50,000+. They are much smoother and quieter on-road.

013c6e7bb8e31c45a090dac2fcc8df3929dfb8ae90.jpg

315/70R17 Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx (35s)
17" Pro Comp 2644s
SpiderTrax Spacers
Stock suspension (no clearance issues, but I haven't flexed her out yet)
SuperChips FlashCal
Bushwacker Flat Fenders
American Flag Grill Wrap
Rugged Ridge Hood Light Kit
Barricade HD bumpers front and rear
Smittybilt Classic Sides w/Step
Spare tire delete
S&B Cold Air Intake
Banks Monster Exhaust
Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Catch

Top Bottom