Beadlock wheels.

Bmans08jk

I was wondering what everyone has found to be the best way to balance beadlock wheels. I.e. using sticky whights, dyno beads, or any other why people have found to make them balance out good for highway use. Thats in advance for input.

jesse3638

Hooked
Mounted them myself in my garage then took them to a local America's tire. They balanced them with sticky weights. Some took just a few some took a bunch. No shimmy or vibrations.

Flat Top

After mounting my 37" Nittos on ATX Slabs I took the Jeep to Discount Tire. They actually gave me a lifetime balance for ~$100. :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Road force balanced mine and had some sticky weights insallee on the inner wheel. It didn't take much cause mine were balanced up to 65 mph. At 66 tho I got a balance wobble

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I run beadlocks on my jeep, have had no issues with either my walker evans, or my current atx slabs. I didnt get them balanced and dont really have any issues but thats kind of typical with slabs and trail grapplers. I daily drive on them as well.

Brute

Hooked
How do the beads work for highway use?

My 37's need a couple sticky weights...I retaped over them with Gorilla tape to make sure they stayed in place.

Just did a 2400 mi rndtrip to Moab from Seattle mostly at 75 mph...no problems.

jeeeep

Hooked
discount tire balanced, stivky weights.
a buddy uses the beads, his jeep sounds like a rain stick lol

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I use equal for my BLs. Doesn't sound like a rain stick. I couldn't get them to balance with sticky weights at discount tire

Coop

Caught the Bug
Used sticky weights on my previous set of wheels and they seem to stay on pretty good. Balanced the BL with stickys, no vibrations.

JeepPeeps

I had Americas tire do it and it worked very well but I do have them fall off often, tell me more about the beads, I checked them out and they seem like they would work great...

Evil

I tried taking my wheels in to Americas tire and they acted like I had 5 bombs in the back of my pick up truck. I have yet to find a shop in Vegas that will balance my beadlocks. Everyone acts like they are radio active. :mad:

Ddays

Hooked
Got lucky with mine - didn't need balancing. As I noted on the 100mph thread I've verified zero vibrations up to 85 mph :eek:

Evil

Got lucky with mine - didn't need balancing. As I noted on the 100mph thread I've verified zero vibrations up to 85 mph :eek:

Thats like riding a skateboard with metal wheels down hill :wings:

I think Im just going to break down and get new tires and try the big rig shops that do our work truck wheels.

LasVegasJK

Thats like riding a skateboard with metal wheels down hill :wings:

I think Im just going to break down and get new tires and try the big rig shops that do our work truck wheels.

Redburn Tire on Cartier/Marion. Not sure if they would do them, but they handle heavy equipment and industrial tires.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I think the real issue here is QC of the tire manufacturer and wheel manufacturer. I think Toyo and Nitto have awesome quality controls which make them a much better tire compared to others like BFG or Goodyear. Also ATX has good quality and they are light compared to the super heavy Hutchinsons.
Since their QC is good less problems balancing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom