HEARTLAND : The 2012 JK-Experience [3 Part Series]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Born and raised in Southern California, our idea of off-roading has always been about exploring the wide open desert, high mountain peaks and crawling over big rocks. Of course, there is really is so much more to off-roading than just that and, thanks to Off Road Evolution's JK-Experience, presented by Nitto Tire, we got a chance to experience for ourselves how the Heartland of America plays!

PART 1 - Redbird Off Road Park
In this first of a 3 part WAYALIFE film series, you will see the beginning of our week long adventure which started in Terra Haute, Indiana and got us playing out in the hills of the Red Bird Off Road Park. For most of us, this was our first time playing in real Heartland of America mud and, thanks to a little storm known as Hurricane Isaac dumping 6” of rain before we got there, it was one hell of an experience!

We hope you enjoy our feature presentation.

PART 2 - IMS, Silverlake, Rocks & Valleys
Because there is so much more to the JK-Experience than just wheeling, our 2nd day would be what is known as a "road day" as we would be doing a lot of on pavement driving but, it was also what I like to call a "tour day" as we got to do a lot of that as well. To start off our day, we headed over to the world famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway where we soon found the reason why we needed to have the undercarriages of our Jeeps clean and completely devoid of mud - we were being grated a chance of a lifetime and, would be running a lap around the Brickyard!! After all the fun we had at the IMS, we headed over to Impact Racing where we got a private tour of their manufacturing facility and, got a chance to visit the Don Schumacher Racing facility where they gave us a VIP tour as well. Leaving Indiana, we made a long trek out to Perrysburg, OH, and wrapped up the day by hosting a meet-n-greet and having a great time with fellow Jeepers in the area. Good times!!

Being in Ohio, I think there there must have been some kind of a calling to our Jeeps... a calling to come visit their place of birth. And, as if by destiny, that's exactly where Day 3 of the 2012 JK-Experience would take us to - the Toledo Assembly Complex. Now, I should point out that public tours of the Jeep plant isn't something that Chrysler typically does or even allows for that matter and the fact that we got to go at all was really amazing.

Day 4 would take us about half way up the state of Michigan and out to a wonderful little beach community known a Silver Lake. Here we would get to spend the first part of our day playing on the only dunes that allow private motorized vehicles to play on this side of the Rockies. The second half of our day would be spent at a relatively new off-road park called Rocks and Valleys and it boasts over 200 arces of hills, rocks, mud, tightly planted trees and other obstacles that offer a great time for wheelers of all skill levels. It would also be where most of us would get our first experience wheeling on tires!!

We hope you enjoy.

PART 3 - Drummond Island & Turtle Ridge
Our last two days on the 2012 JK-Experience would take us over the Mackinac Bridge to Michigan's Upper Peninsula and then to its eastern most point where we would cross the St. Mary’s river by ferry to the largest fresh water island in the United States, Drummond Island. In addition to having an awesome off-road park like Turtle Ridge, Drummond Island hosts over 117 miles of trails that meander through boreal forests, across glacial rock deposits and stone ridges carved out by Lake Huron. It truly is one of the most beautiful places you will ever see and, we were happy to relax, explore and end our JK-Experience there.

We hope you enjoyed our JK-Experience HEARTLAND series and come back soon to watch other films that we make. :cool:

The 2012 Off Road Evolution JK-Experience presented by Nitto Tire was also made possible from support of the following sponsors: AdArt, ARB, ATX Wheels, Daystar, Discount Tire, Dynatrac, Dynomax, EVO MFG, Hi-Lift, Hora Zero, Impact, King, Mastercraft, Project-JK, Rancho, Rockstar, Superchips, Skyjacker, Tochmate and WARN.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Part 1, very cool. I want more!!!! :thumb:

That was Awesome, Great Job!!!!

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Man, what a great video! :thumb: :bowdown:

I forgot how much winching there was on that first day. :icon_crazy:

Time to go watch it again...;)

Third times a charm on the shot glasses. :2thumbsup:

JK1

great video... After watching it i sit in my office looking out the window at my jeep in the parking lot and think.."some day little buddy we will be in one of these videos...." ;) Great job cant wait to see the next one

FallonJeeper

Another great video!! When you mix 4 wheeling with mud, trees and hills, it's not "will I dent, break, scratch something?" It's "When...?"

F&R911

Always good to watch your videos!

We always enjoy your videos and can't wait for the next one to pop up online. Hope someday we'll join you guys on those adventures!

F&R911 (Bob)

Born and raised in Southern California, our idea of off-roading has always been about exploring the wide open desert, high mountain peaks and crawling over big rocks. Of course, there is really is so much more to off-roading than just that and, thanks to Off Road Evolution's JK-Experience, presented by Nitto Tire, we got a chance to experience for ourselves how the Heartland of America plays!

In this first of a 3 part WAYALIFE film series, you will see the beginning of our week long adventure which started in Terra Haute, Indiana and got us playing out in the hills of the Red Bird Off Road Park. For most of us, this was our first time playing in real Heartland of America mud and, thanks to a little storm known as Hurricane Isaac dumping 6” of rain before we got there, it was one hell of an experience!

We hope you enjoy our film and come back soon to watch parts 2 and 3 :cool:

The 2012 Off Road Evolution JK-Experience presented by Nitto Tire was also made possible from support of the following sponsors: AdArt, ARB, ATX Wheels, Daystar, Discount Tire, Dynatrac, Dynomax, EVO MFG, Hi-Lift, Hora Zero, Impact, King, Mastercraft, Project-JK, Rancho, Rockstar, Superchips, Skyjacker, Tochmate and WARN.

WIN a Pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
To help kick off the release of our new film, we will be giving away a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses to one lucky member of the forum. All you have to do is post up a comment here or, directly on our YouTube video (just make sure to say who you are on the forum) and a winner will be selected at random on Wednesday, January 9, 2013!! Good luck!!

View attachment 10872

:thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
Needless to say, awesome vid. :thumb:

Asked my son if he wants daddy's jeep to look like those in the vid, he said yes. I said, you and me both. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom