CB radio mount.

0311DoC

So I have searched the net saw a few options. If I want a overhead CB mount in my 2016 JKUR hardtop/freedom top what should I look into? Saw the one that goes just above the mirror. Wasn't sure how secure that would be as far as bouncing off road. I also read some mounts don't work with a hardtop or if would be better if you have a aftermarket cage for easier mounting. Just looking for some suggestions.

chipper

Check out the Strike Force Zebra CB mount. A few members here use it. It mounts above the mirror under the footman loop

Napalm

The RR footman loop mount (above the mirror) is a great option. I like it because it allows my CB to be up and easily grab able and it makes the speaker easier to hear. With the larger CBs you might see some rear view mirror obstruction though.

trailraider

I have mine mounted above the mirror on the rugged ridge. I have the cobra 29. its a little big but its supported fine. I just cant use my sunvisor
it has a little rattle on the mirror. one day I will put a foam in there, maybe. Jays iphone 036.jpg

Last edited:

Dopey84

I use the mentioned rr mount as well and it holds my uniden CB just fine and even the mic cord up out of the way when not in use.

Eezybreezy08

I have mine mounted above the mirror on the rugged ridge. I have the cobra 29. its a little big but its supported fine. I just cant use my sunvisor
it has a little rattle on the mirror. one day I will put a foam in there, maybe. View attachment 199738

I have the same problem with the sun visor and have thought about drilling some new wholes through the mount and seeing if I can offset the radio a little. I have the same radio as you, that's why I say this

FLKEYSJK

I have the same problem with the sun visor and have thought about drilling some new wholes through the mount and seeing if I can offset the radio a little. I have the same radio as you, that's why I say this

I just installed that CB and drilled new holes in the chrome mount that comes with the radio, it just barely fits between both visors with the mic on the side ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461802885.255567.jpg

Rhampson3

Sirius/XM interference?

I know that this is an old thread but I'm looking at using this mount setup. I read a review that said this setup would cause interference because of the XM radio antenna in the mirror. Has anyone seen a problem with this setup? :idontknow:

Top Bottom