2012-2013 JK exhaust modifications

wheelman88

I've had my new 2013 JK unlimited now for about a month and I'm looking into a 2.5 to 4" lift. Some manufacturers are saying exhaust mods are required and others have no mention. Has anyone ran into this on a 2012 or newer JK?

Skirmish

It depends a lot on lift height but if the lift you choose requires it I would strongly suggest against any spacers or replacement Y pipe and to replace the stock shaft instead if that is an option. A narrower shaft will clear the pipe. Lowering the crossover pipe drops it below the transfer case skid leaving it the lowest point in the middle of your Jeep. You will end up dragging that pipe over a lot of rocks.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I've had my new 2013 JK unlimited now for about a month and I'm looking into a 2.5 to 4" lift. Some manufacturers are saying exhaust mods are required and others have no mention. Has anyone ran into this on a 2012 or newer JK?

They don't mention it because it costs money. The correct way to deal with the exhaust is to replace the front driveline with an aftermarket

Top Bottom