Wayalife jk-forum

Gibbo

Lately I've noticed some similarities between JK forum, and Wayalife. Being new to the forum scene, I was wondering if there's a connection, because I think there is. What's the story?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Eddie, also known as Wayoflife started JK-F back in 2006. He has since expanded his horizons and currently owns and runs Wayalife and Project-JK. Although the JK-F and Wayalife are technically similar, I believe you'd agree with me when I say that they are different. Personally I have found myself a bit more welcome here, but that's just me. JK-F is currently owned and run by IB and in my opinion it is evident. Hope this helps some.

Btw Eddie I hope you don't mind I added this info for Gibbo.

Last edited:

Gibbo

Eddie, also known as Wayoflife started JK-F back in 2006. He has since expanded his horizons and currently owns and runs Wayalife and Project-JK. Although the JK-F and Wayalife are technically similar, I believe you'd agree with me when I say that they are different. Personally I have found myself a bit more welcome here, but that's just me. JK-F is currently owned and run by IB and in my opinion it is evident. Hope this helps some.

Btw Eddie I hope you don't mind I added this info for Gibbo.
I'm on this forum for the same reasons, I feel at home here. Unlike the forums in this country which are very clickish and bitchy. I've seen so many videos with eddie in them, I feel I know the man personally even though I've never met him. I grew up in San Diego myself, went to Patrick Henry High. I lived a few streets over from Brenda Spenser ( the I hate mondays girl ). Anyway I'm a proud member of this forum, and fly the flags on my Jeep. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks for the insight.

Lane87

I totally agree with you both! I felt like I got brushed off a lot at JK-forum cuz I didn't have 37s and coil overs. Wayalife is true to its name and is what jeepin is really about. I honestly can't remember the last time I logged on to JK-forum... Eddie is awesome, I haven't started a single thread that he hasn't posted on. It really feels like a local jeep page and not a world wide forum. Keep up the good work and happy wheeling!

Chiromancer

I totally agree with you both! I felt like I got brushed off a lot at JK-forum cuz I didn't have 37s and coil overs. Wayalife is true to its name and is what jeepin is really about. I honestly can't remember the last time I logged on to JK-forum... Eddie is awesome, I haven't started a single thread that he hasn't posted on. It really feels like a local jeep page and not a world wide forum. Keep up the good work and happy wheeling!

I am also new to the Jeep scene, but I must say I feel quite welcomed. Sorry to hear about your experiences at JK... I haven't posted too much on either, but found myself more attracted over here for reasons mostly unknown.

Thanks for welcoming me, hopefully I'll be able to add here than just questions:)

dchew

Caught the Bug
I think of JKForum as a resource while Wayalife is a community.

I'm another noobie!

Dave

Skirmish

One of the biggest differences and probably the hardest for me to remember is that Wayalife includes all Jeeps, maybe any OHV where JKF was mostly JK specific with a few discussions about other rigs. I got so used to JK talk that I assume everyone here is asking questions about the JK. I'll have to try harder to remember.

GCM 2

I'm another noobie!

Dave

The great thing about this nice forum is that most of us don't look at a member's post count as your experience level. Everyone has to start at some point....and that could be becoming a jeep owner, a serious offroader, asking questions, or just being new to this forum. Being new ain't a bad thing!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm on this forum for the same reasons, I feel at home here. Unlike the forums in this country which are very clickish and bitchy. I've seen so many videos with eddie in them, I feel I know the man personally even though I've never met him. I grew up in San Diego myself, went to Patrick Henry High. I lived a few streets over from Brenda Spenser ( the I hate mondays girl ). Anyway I'm a proud member of this forum, and fly the flags on my Jeep. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks for the insight.

I live near Patrick Henry. :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
The great thing about this nice forum is that most of us don't look at a member's post count as your experience level.

Crap! That's all I had going for me. What have I been doing making all these posts then? :mad:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The great thing about this nice forum is that most of us don't look at a member's post count as your experience level. Everyone has to start at some point....and that could be becoming a jeep owner, a serious offroader, asking questions, or just being new to this forum. Being new ain't a bad thing!

Crap! That's all I had going for me. What have I been doing making all these posts then? :mad:

No your good Mike, clearly Greg doesn't know that post count matters because he only has 700 posts.

:cheesy:

GCM 2

I will make one exception for you Mike, your post count contains only the most special posts! They are each very special in their own way. You are also very special.....in your own special, special way. Have a super sparkly day too my friend :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I will make one exception for you Mike, your post count contains only the most special posts! They are each very special in their own way. You are also very special.....in your own special, special way. Have a super sparkly day too my friend :thumb:

Thanks! That would actually mean something if your post count was a just a little higher. :thumb:

Now where did I put my special helmet? :dont_know:

Jersey_Devil

I think of JKForum as a resource while Wayalife is a community.

X2! I feel 100 times more welcome here than on JKF

And if ur using the Android app like I am and got them both set to "dark theme" sometimes u will forget which Site ur on lol cuz on the app itself exactly alike except for ur post count name. On jkf I'm a super freak and here u can see its completely different under my name.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, we started Project-JK back in 2006 and established JK-Forum as a companion forum to it. What most people don't know is that we actually started WAYALIFE way back in 2000 but back then, it was just a blog dedicated to our Jeep way of life. At the time, we owned several different Jeeps including a CJ, an XJ and a TJ and we used it to document their builds and the wonderful places that they've taken us to. While we're proud of JK-Forum and all that it has become, it'll never be what we're most passionate about and that's the Jeep way of life. For us, that includes ALL Jeeps and, it's the reason why we decided to sell JK-Forum, convert WAYALIFE from a blog into a forum and make it into what it is today. If you find yourself spending more and more of your time here, I would hope that it's because you share in our passion too.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
As mentioned, we started Project-JK back in 2006 and established JK-Forum as a companion forum to it. What most people don't know is that we actually started WAYALIFE way back in 2000 but back then, it was just a blog dedicated to our Jeep way of life. At the time, we owned several different Jeeps including a CJ, an XJ and a TJ and we used it to document their builds and the wonderful places that they've taken us to. While we're proud of JK-Forum and all that it has become, it'll never be what we're most passionate about and that's the Jeep way of life. For us, that includes ALL Jeeps and, it's the reason why we decided to sell JK-Forum, convert WAYALIFE from a blog into a forum and make it into what it is today. If you find yourself spending more and more of your time here, I would hope that it's because you share in our passion too.

I just want shot glasses to support my drinking.:cheesy:

gtony12

Caught the Bug

WAYALIFE brought back what I was missing and forgot about! :) I got so wrapped up in work life. WAYALIFE forum help me bring back all the happy and fun things I love and enjoy. Exploring, meeting new people, out-doors seeing things you to have to take a trail to see!! I don't know call me crazy! :crazyeyes:

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Oh boy, this thread is making Eddie and Cindy feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :blush:

Not that I offer much, but since (and even before) getting my Jeep in June 2012, I've been able to find many forums out there. They all have their own little niche and all seem to speak a language unto themselves. JK-Forum to me is a heaving of information and you can take it or leave it as you so desire. It's usually all just personal preference as to what folks have on their rigs. I also visit some other forums here and there. Like I said, they all are resourceful for different reasons.

But WAL is the place where I feel I've gotten to know people. Folks are very social, friendly and able to recommend/suggest/advise on all things Jeep. WAL forum post have to do with Jeep'n way of life and not a bash fest, or dating service, or other BS posts. I'm fortunate enough to live close by and able to attend the SNGs and meet ups and have gotten to meet and I feel start friendships with several forum members in person.
:clap2:

Top Bottom