Diff Covers

Prime8

What are the best diff covers for the money? I've seen prices from $100-$200 apiece and designs that are smooth (Riddler, PSC) and reinforced (Dynatrac, ARB). Don't want to spend $400 on ARB or the like if $200 will get me similar quality. I will be putting them on my '13 Rubicon axles.

GCM 2

Well, I ran Dynatrac covers on my old stock TJ axles and as expected, they are as bomb proof as the ones that come with my ProRock 60's. I think the Poison Spyder diff covers are probably the coolest looking, and I'm sure those are stout as well (I think MTG might be running them too). Some of the other manufacturers sold on 4wd and Quadratec seem to be the exact same design and might just be relabeled for different companies. The ARB is pricey, but does have the little dipstick to check fluid levels as opposed to just a refill plug/sight window like all others, not sure that's worth the extra coin though.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I do have the PSC covers and bought them simply because they look cool...and looking cool is what I like to do (I'm not very good at it, but that's another story :grayno:).

I actually haven't installed them yet...I didn't get them done before JKX and haven't had time since. They go on in 11 days when I get my jeep regeared. :rock:

image-1667922408.jpg

Last edited:

Prime8

I definitely do like the way the PSC ones look, especially if I paint the spider gecko green, but I want brawn over beauty here. So if they are just as tough, its a win-win, but if not I'd like to get something else...

MTG

Caught the Bug
I definitely do like the way the PSC ones look, especially if I paint the spider gecko green, but I want brawn over beauty here. So if they are just as tough, its a win-win, but if not I'd like to get something else...

But they look cool. :)

I didn't really look for a "differential shootout" type comparison when I looked for them. They are heavy as hell. PSC makes good stuff. I figure they will work fine. Hell, my stock Dana 44 diff covers have taken a beating and have held up just fine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I run Dynatrac covers but I've also run a little bit of everything else out there and really, they'll all get the job done.

Gibbo

Next month ARB will be installing lockers and re-gearing my JK. They've worked out a very good price for me on their covers, so they're the ones I'll be using.

Top Bottom