2016 Rubicon Lockers / Programmer

JMFK

I recently purchased my 2016 Rubicon and decided to go with tires and suspension upgrades first. I plan on making drive train upgrades later but want to get the most out of the factory setup now.

Does anyone have experience with Superchips' Jeep Flashcal F5 3571 programmer? It claims to allow the use of the factory electronic lockers in 4hi. If not, can anyone make recommendations for bypassing the factory setting limiting the use of lockers to 4lo? In my experience it is always nice to be able to lock whenever I want. I'm a little worried that being limited to 4lo might be a problem. Not to mention the computer wants to unlock if speed exceeds 10mph. I think I'm right in assuming vehicle speed is measured by wheel speed, therefore the computer will be unlocking eveytime I don't have solid traction and spin the wheels.

GraniteCrystal

Welcome to WAL. Be sure to stop by the Give Us a Wave sub-forum to introduce yourself with a few pics of your Jeep.

Unlocking when slipping seems like that can't be right.

JMFK

You may be right. Probably just need to be below 10mph to engage. I just haven't come across anything on the web where people actually talk about how the locker functions.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I recently purchased my 2016 Rubicon and decided to go with tires and suspension upgrades first. I plan on making drive train upgrades later but want to get the most out of the factory setup now.

Does anyone have experience with Superchips' Jeep Flashcal F5 3571 programmer? It claims to allow the use of the factory electronic lockers in 4hi. If not, can anyone make recommendations for bypassing the factory setting limiting the use of lockers to 4lo? In my experience it is always nice to be able to lock whenever I want. I'm a little worried that being limited to 4lo might be a problem. Not to mention the computer wants to unlock if speed exceeds 10mph. I think I'm right in assuming vehicle speed is measured by wheel speed, therefore the computer will be unlocking eveytime I don't have solid traction and spin the wheels.

In my experience if the obstacle is small enough that I feel 4hi is enough the BLD has worked well enough that lockers weren't needed. I'm planning on getting the trail dash later on so I can lock the rear in 2hi on the beach but it's really not needed.

As for the lockers disengaging due to wheel speed I have never seen it happen and I'm sure jeep took it into consideration when they designed the system. Also I'm pretty sure the speed limit is 18mph but I could be wrong.

JMFK

In my experience if the obstacle is small enough that I feel 4hi is enough the BLD has worked well enough that lockers weren't needed. I'm planning on getting the trail dash later on so I can lock the rear in 2hi on the beach but it's really not needed.

As for the lockers disengaging due to wheel speed I have never seen it happen and I'm sure jeep took it into consideration when they designed the system. Also I'm pretty sure the speed limit is 18mph but I could be wrong.

I had a second look at what the Jeep manual says and it looks like the speed limit is just for engaging the lockers. It makes sense that they wouldn't disengage above that limit.

When you say "BLD", are you talking about the factory traction control program?

Top Bottom