Dont let used engine oil go to waste

BlackBandit

Dump your old engine oil in your frame using one of those old style oil cans to get it into the holes of the frame. I have done this for awhile on the jeep. Keeps the rust from progressing.

swampdog

Jesus Christ, how much runs on the pavement and eventually into the storm water system every time you load 6 quarts of dirty oil in your frame? No thanks.

Ddays

Hooked
Dump your old engine oil in your frame using one of those old style oil cans to get it into the holes of the frame. I have done this for awhile on the jeep. Keeps the rust from progressing.

:icon_crazy: My dad used to do shit like this back in the day. WD40 Corrosion inhibitor does a much better job and won't drain on your garage floor continuously. Take used motor to the recycle container where it belongs.

swampdog

:icon_crazy: My dad used to do shit like this back in the day. WD40 Corrosion inhibitor does a much better job and won't drain on your garage floor continuously. Take used motor to the recycle container where it belongs.

Preach. . .

BlackBandit

Hey it works, my frame is in mint condition, call me retarded or maybe its just that im a redneck either or, my jeep will be around longer then those of you who are worried about somd garage floor being dirty or the enviromemt. Get real its a jeep, mines too tall to fit in a garage.

swampdog

Hey it works, my frame is in mint condition, call me retarded or maybe its just that im a redneck either or, my jeep will be around longer then those of you who are worried about somd garage floor being dirty or the enviromemt. Get real its a jeep, mines too tall to fit in a garage.

How about a light film of WD-40? You know, next time your closet door is squeaking, you should dump 10w-40 all over it. I mean, it's just a door and flooring.

BlackBandit

Saves money. I posted it for an idea to protect the insides of your frame, not to be pissed on by a bunch of city boys who probably drive lowered saharas

BlackBandit

Used engine oil is as good as wd40 or better. Wd40 is probably the most useless oil i have ever seen. The most i use it for is drilling holes into metal

BlackBandit

If your gunna spend that much money on wd-40 you might as well buy a bottle of rust-check, better for undercoating stuff, use that stuff on the tracters

jeff_in_rc

Used engine oil is as good as wd40 or better. Wd40 is probably the most useless oil i have ever seen. The most i use it for is drilling holes into metal

That's cause WD40 is not a true oil, it is a penetrating lubricant to displace water, hint WD as in Water Displacement.

No need to get pissed off dude, it's just not the great idea you think it is, yea it might work for you but not for us.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Think of all the dirt you're going to collect i there now. Which will I turn hold water... Which will cause rust to from faster.

Top Bottom