Issues with Warn M8000 clutch lever

7kings

I've had an M8000s on my Jeep for a couple of years now. I've only used it a couple of times, but the last time I was rewinding the rope after a wheeling trip, I noticed that the clutch lever did not want to disengage to allow me to free-spool. After some fiddling (running some line out / back in under power), the clutch lever suddenly "un-stuck" and swung easily between both positions. I didn't think much about it until the other day, when I went to disengage the clutch so I could pull some slack and it stuck again. I manually jiggled the drum and pulled on the rope and then it freed up again. At this point, I can get the clutch lever to alternate between being locked and swinging free by just working the drum a bit, but this has never behaved this way before this point.

Has anyone else run into this issue or something similar before?

ttfhell

I've had an M8000s on my Jeep for a couple of years now. I've only used it a couple of times, but the last time I was rewinding the rope after a wheeling trip, I noticed that the clutch lever did not want to disengage to allow me to free-spool. After some fiddling (running some line out / back in under power), the clutch lever suddenly "un-stuck" and swung easily between both positions. I didn't think much about it until the other day, when I went to disengage the clutch so I could pull some slack and it stuck again. I manually jiggled the drum and pulled on the rope and then it freed up again. At this point, I can get the clutch lever to alternate between being locked and swinging free by just working the drum a bit, but this has never behaved this way before this point.

Has anyone else run into this issue or something similar before?

Should've bought an Engo lol.

Top Bottom