I need shocks

Dalton gang

Sup guys im looking for some decent shocks for my jku, 3 1/2 in lift. Let me know , im running rouph countries and im over them haha

Definitely have heard amazing things about ranchos and of course they have their spring rebate going on! So you can get a good deal!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I actually like the rancho rs5000's. If I had to do it over I would get either those or the rs7000's.

I know they're not real popular around here but I installed a set of the RS7000's on our old XJ and I really liked them a lot. Sure, they're not adjustable like the 9000's but I personally feel that they do much better at preventing cavitation on long and fast drives across the desert.

Skid_Kid

I know they're not real popular around here but I installed a set of the RS7000's on our old XJ and I really liked them a lot. Sure, they're not adjustable like the 9000's but I personally feel that they do much better at preventing cavitation on long and fast drives across the desert.

I am running the RS7000's with my Enforcer and love the ride.

GraniteCrystal

I love that the word "cavitation" just got used in here :) There's one you don't hear often.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like my 9000s but im curious, are the 9ks on a given setting the same as a set of 5s or 7s? Besides adjustability, whats the real difference?

5000's and 9000's are both old school hydro shocks. The only difference in the 9000 is that you can adjust the valving on it to change the characteristic of the dampening. 7000's are a modern style monotube shocks which, among other things means it has a high pressure nitrogen gas charge separated by a free floating piston. This will help provide faster road response help prevent cavitation/shock fade. The single wall design will also help to dissipate heat. Overall, the 7000's may feel a bit firmer than a 9000 that can be set on a soft setting but for how I like to drive, the 7000's work great overall and without having to change any settings.

Top Bottom