Goodyear Duratracs

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Getting ready for 35s. Anybody have any issues with the Duratracs ? I'm wanting milder mud tire that handle well on wet roads and will last a while. Any input pros or cons

Wethy

I love mine I have them in a 285/70/17 size and they haven't let me down yet. Have put over 45,000 kilometers on them and they still look new lol had them on ice, snow rain and dry pavement. I'm not a hardcore off-roader by any means but they've worked well for me

J.B.

I had them on my pickup and loved them. They worked well in rain or snow as well as on the trail. I have never put them on my JK just because I am planning for 37" on it and they don't make 37" Duratracs. If they did I would buy them for my JK as well. No complaints with them.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I have a set of 285/70 17 since last summer.....have been great in all conditions so far but admittedly have not gotten a lot of off road miles...what little I have done they have performed well :twocents:

Once again technology eludes the aging.....always fun to view sideways photos :doh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 292
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
The only con I have heard is that the rubber is softer and doesn't wear as well for regular off-road use. I have no personal experience with them though. Everything else I have heard is great feedback. I looked at them for a long time but am planning on Cooper STT pros for more of a mud tire and that they offer a certain size that the duratrac doesn't.

Last edited:

Buick Guy

I Love them and am on my second set of 315's, first set went over 50,000 miles. They work great in all weather and for the off-roading I do I have never had an issue. If they made them in 37's I would buy them when I retire mine from being a daily driver here in the next few month.

MSmitty

Just a suggestion if you want to save a few bucks and don't care that your tire says "Goodyear" on the side. The Kelly Safari TSR is basically the same tire. I've have the Duratracs in 315and they were great but I'm putting the Kelly's on my new JKU as soon as it comes in.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Just a suggestion if you want to save a few bucks and don't care that your tire says "Goodyear" on the side. The Kelly Safari TSR is basically the same tire. I've have the Duratracs in 315and they were great but I'm putting the Kelly's on my new JKU as soon as it comes in.

I will look at them, I'm not brand loyal.

RjSkippy

Running 295/65/18 on mine and so far I love them... a little bit of a balancing issues when I first got them, but I think a lot of it was on the shop I went to. They have been perfect since I brought them to my regular shop after the original shop couldn't get it right in two tries. That's what you get for trying to get a deal....:doh:

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461982617.321189.jpg
The guy at my local tire store showed me these Dick Cepek, I can get five of these for 1428.00, that roughly 300 dollars cheaper than the Duratracs. Anybody have any dealings with the them ?

Ozon8r

Two thumbs up for duratracs. Kick ass off road, in the snow, rain, yet confident and comfortable on the pavement. I just wish they made these in 37" tires. I have 37k on mine and still have 10/32 of an inch of tread left. Highly recommend them. I just switched to cooper stt pros and the jury is still out.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Kelly is owned by Goodyear and you get the same tire with basically one for free (about $50 cheaper per tire in the 315).

I have no experience with them but quite a few guys over run the Kelly's in 285/70r17 and reckon they're pretty good

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I've got 20,000 on mine (285/75 R16) & they're holding up well on road. Mud doesn't come out of the tread great, though. I may buy Nitto Trail Grapplers or Cooper STT Pros next time.

GeckoMonkey

I am really glad I came across this post! I have been looking at 285/70/17 and I was going between the 315s or 285's and I think I will be okay with the 285s. Its good to see a lot of you guys/gals are happy with them also. Anything is going to be better than the grapplers that I am currently running.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have never ran the duratracs personally but have seen them in action plenty of times and they are really good off road. Put them on my stepdads xterra and they performed well on and off road. Just like any M/T tho just make sure you rotate them regularly.

Top Bottom