White Rhino a 2014 EcoDiesel on 35's

robthebuilderer

Summary:

• 2014 Limited 4x4 EcoDiesel
  • Nitto Terra Grappler G2 295/70/R18 - 34.41" diameter (for the purist)
  • ATX Cornice AX195
  • Mopar Air Struts, Bags and Tank
  • Accuair e-Level Suspension Management
  • Bodywork/Fabrication and Custom Flares
  • Modified Mopar Rock Rails
  • Modified RRO Winch Cradle
  • Smittybilt X20 10,000lb w/Wireless Remote
  • SRT8 Headlights
  • LED Driving Light Conversion
  • Matte Black Vinyl Wrap Accents
  • Brass Monkey Paint Accents (wheels, grille, etc.)

Phase II (because we're never finished):
  • Differentials...SRT8 or something...still researching options
  • Green Diesel Engineering EcoTune
  • Gobi Roof Rack (maybe)
  • More...TBD

Full Height (setting 3)

Full Drop (all down)...this is park mode

Thanks for looking!

C_short15

Is the ride really stiff with the ride all the way up? I had one of these and I feel like there wasn't a lot of travel and it was stiff with the air bags all the way up.

Jackal01

Well done. Just love it. :clap2:

I used to have a 2012 Laredo.

I apologize for the slight hijack but I wanted to share mine since there are not many WK2s with toys.
DSC_0074_zpsf9cfe507.jpg

DSC_0084_zps2ea0858f.jpg

Last edited:

robthebuilderer

thanks for the kudos...this was a lot work we got done in a very short amount of time.

Is the ride really stiff with the ride all the way up? I had one of these and I feel like there wasn't a lot of travel and it was stiff with the air bags all the way up.

There is a difference between what we did and what Jeep offers:
  • The way I understand the QL system, it uses 220-240lb of nitrogen to maintain pressure in the front struts, then uses an AC and valve body to transfer air between the bags and tank to adjust height...it's a closed loop system controlled by the factory computer.
  • We are using the front struts (and rear bags) as a traditional air bag/strut. We have (2) Viair 200psi compressors, 3 gallon tank and Accuair e-Level to manage an open loop system.

At setting 3 (full height) the suspension is not yet at full droop, so there is still downward travel available. We drove around Jeep Beach at full height a majority of the time, up to 45mph...no issues, great ride.

At setting 2 (normal ride height) it floats down the road...setting 1 (lowest driving height) is like riding on rails, handles great.

Note: I removed the front sway bar, so probably have a bit more left-to-right articulation than the stock suspension allows and it feels softer.

C_short15

thanks for the kudos...this was a lot work we got done in a very short amount of time.

There is a difference between what we did and what Jeep offers:
  • The way I understand the QL system, it uses 220-240lb of nitrogen to maintain pressure in the front struts, then uses an AC and valve body to transfer air between the bags and tank to adjust height...it's a closed loop system controlled by the factory computer.
  • We are using the front struts (and rear bags) as a traditional air bag/strut. We have (2) Viair 200psi compressors, 3 gallon tank and Accuair e-Level to manage an open loop system.

At setting 3 (full height) the suspension is not yet at full droop, so there is still downward travel available. We drove around Jeep Beach at full height a majority of the time, up to 45mph...no issues, great ride.

At setting 2 (normal ride height) it floats down the road...setting 1 (lowest driving height) is like riding on rails, handles great.

Note: I removed the front sway bar, so probably have a bit more left-to-right articulation than the stock suspension allows and it feels softer.

That's so awesome man. Congrats. I love that motor

TennJK

That think is kick ass. The ATX Cornice's look perfect on it. I love a build Grand Cherokee.

robthebuilderer

Thanks for all the positive response!

Working on the details now...black out wheel wells, finish copper hard lines to compressors...punch list stuff.

Next...enjoy it, get out there. :thumb:

Top Bottom