First trip to Moab!

ewis77

Made my first trip to Moab this week and tested my TJ and myself for the first time after the build. Hells Revenge was my first stop and boy did it scare me. Had an issue where my auto trans would drop out when I was vertical too long. Which is a bad time for it to happen, like on The Escalator. A mechanic friend recommended a half quart of fluid even though it was full on the stick. Problem solved. In three day I ran Hells Revenge twice and fins and things 5 times. I put the Tom Woods shafts, G2 D44's, Currie suspension with Antirock, Currie steering linkage, and Rancho shocks to the test. Only problem after it all is my steering wheel is about 20° to the right but my track is true. So, some minor adjustments or an alignment should sort it out. 6 more days in Utah riding BLM trails, and back to Fort Worth, Texas. Next Jeep job is to turbo the 4.0 or drop in an LS V8. The mountains are brutal and motorhomes are passing me. I would be embarrassed if I were in anything other than a Jeep.

ewis77

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463232476.659695.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463232559.054824.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463233520.356326.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463233558.630217.jpg

The snow was on the first morning in La Sal, about 7000'. Drove into Moab and it was in the mid 50's.

professorkx

Looks like a fun trip. I agree on hell's revenge, pretty weird area that has some pucker. My son is new to wheeling, and he and his wife were often terrified in his 2007 JK 4 door, but he kept moving forward. I could never have gotten him on that trail a second time on our week long trip.

uberc4

I bet that was a fun trip. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to make the pilgrimage up to Moab in my Jeep.

ewis77

I cant wait to go back. I wanted to do the escalator but didnt have a spotter with experience to guide me. Will find one next time.

JeepDrum

Nice pictures! Especially the one in the snow. Looks like you had a good trip. I really want to head west one of these days.

Top Bottom