King 2.5 evo spec

projectMMTB

I recently put on the 4" enforcer with King 2.5s.
And the other day I noticed that my front shock stickers are different than the rear.
The rear in big letters says "King off-road racing shocks" and my front pair say in small letters the same but the fronts in big letter say "Superlift edition" also. I thought it was odd that Superlift has there logo on it instead of saying Evo...

Is this normal or did I get screwed by my shop?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462205756.532081.jpg rear
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462205787.264884.jpg front

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks like you got screwed. The Evo spec Kings will have off road evolution engraved on the upper part of the shock where the bolt goes.

ChaosNein

Not exactly true. The EVO Spec KING Coil-Overs have Off Road Evolution engraved on the top cap. The KING 2.5s do not. However, If you purchased an EVO MFG kit with KING shocks, you SHOULD NOT have KING Shocks that say SUPERLIFT on them.

projectMMTB

Not exactly true. The EVO Spec KING Coil-Overs have Off Road Evolution engraved on the top cap. The KING 2.5s do not. However, If you purchased an EVO MFG kit with KING shocks, you SHOULD NOT have KING Shocks that say SUPERLIFT on them.

Yeah I figured that was odd that a king/evo product would have a Superlift sticker...
I purchased the enforcer along with the Kings.
I'll be sure to bring this up when I go to the shop today...
What will be the main differences between what I have and what an evo spec would be?
Wanting to know in case they say "well it's the same product except the sticker".

ChaosNein

The EVO Spec KINGs should be valved just a bit different to be used with the softer EVO MFG Plush Ride Coil.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Ah thanks for the info drew. I thought I saw some 2.0's with ore engraved on them as well but I guess I'm imagining it which is totally possible with how my brain is working today lol

projectMMTB

Talked to the shop about a week ago and haven't remembered to update this:

Shop told me y'all don't valve them or anything and they said that every king is valved the same no matter if the shop claims to or not.
They never gave me a straight answer is to why there's a Superlift sticker on my kings...
Something about how King was low on them and asked to purchase them back from shops to send out to customers or something and Superlift had replaced the sticker on it already...
I think it's all bull shit.
Any suggestions on how to deal with this?
I want to get what I paid for and find out why this is happening... It's making me second guess all the other parts they put on my jeep.

I know this is not OREs fault at all. Just want to say that in case I came across the wrong way

Last edited:

Wethy

Talked to the shop about a week ago and haven't remembered to update this:

Shop told me y'all don't valve them or anything and they said that every king is valved the same no matter if the shop claims to or not.
They never gave me a straight answer is to why there's a Superlift sticker on my kings...
Something about how King was low on them and asked to purchase them back from shops to send out to customers or something and Superlift had replaced the sticker on it already...
I think it's all bull shit.
Any suggestions on how to deal with this?
I want to get what I paid for and find out why this is happening... It's making me second guess all the other parts they put on my jeep.

I know this is not OREs fault at all. Just want to say that in case I came across the wrong way

I wonder if you could contact King and then have them(king) email you a response stating the differences( barring any non disclosed info) and then take it to your shop and be like " this is the difference now make it right" if Drew can't get back to you.

AlStew

^ This could be a great idea. King AND Evo have* AMAZING customer service.

Last edited:

projectMMTB

What were you able to find out about this? Just curious as to the outcome.

Not EVOs fault obviously.
Talked to King and got some info on the EVO spec and a few other things but found out it was kinda a fluke thing but they were still valved to EVOs spec. The wrong stickers were put on the front two but not the rear.
Great service from both companies and King is supplying me all new shock stickers and a few others to put on the jeep.
So basically just a mix up on stickers but not the valving

jesse3638

Hooked
Not EVOs fault obviously.
Talked to King and got some info on the EVO spec and a few other things but found out it was kinda a fluke thing but they were still valved to EVOs spec. The wrong stickers were put on the front two but not the rear.
Great service from both companies and King is supplying me all new shock stickers and a few others to put on the jeep.
So basically just a mix up on stickers but not the valving

That's good to hear. Great customer service goes along way. Also it's nice that you don't have to go through the hassle of removing, exchanging, and re-installing them. So the shop telling you the valving is all the same was incorrect?

projectMMTB

That's good to hear. Great customer service goes along way. Also it's nice that you don't have to go through the hassle of removing, exchanging, and re-installing them. So the shop telling you the valving is all the same was incorrect?

According to King and evo, they couldn't be more incorrect. Actually whoever I talked to at evo just laughed lol
The evo spec with the enforcer is valved to work in harmony with the plush ride coils for optimal ride quality

Top Bottom