Warn elite series tire carrier question

explorebc4x4

I knew once I put a 35 on my stock carrier I would need a proper tire carrier at some point. I've been noticing more and more rattling coming from the tailgate in the past couple weeks. Yesterday I checked and discovered the stock hinges are loosening up. Looks like it's time to upgrade!

I'm looking for some input on the warn elite series tire carrier. Who has one and what has been your experience with it so far?

Online it says rear bumper required. Does anybody know if this is actually the case? Or is it a similar set up to the AEV carrier where it just passes through the bumper and then attaches down at the frame.

Originally I wanted the AEV but it's $200 more than the Warn and they look very similar.

mastrcruse

Go with something with better quality than AEV and not so sure about a warn carrier. Look at Evo...their carrier is awesome.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Yes the bumper is required. The carrier mounts into the bumper. Not a bad setup, but not the best IMO. I do like the fact that it swings independent, yet with the tailgate. ( it has its own hinges, but opens in one fluid motion when you open gate.) I haven't had any rattles to complain about. My only bitch is that the tire sits off center to the right about 4" or so. The warn website pics do a good job of hiding this and making it look centered.

dstegJL2018

Warn Elite Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

I knew once I put a 35 on my stock carrier I would need a proper tire carrier at some point. I've been noticing more and more rattling coming from the tailgate in the past couple weeks. Yesterday I checked and discovered the stock hinges are loosening up. Looks like it's time to upgrade!

I'm looking for some input on the warn elite series tire carrier. Who has one and what has been your experience with it so far?

Online it says rear bumper required. Does anybody know if this is actually the case? Or is it a similar set up to the AEV carrier where it just passes through the bumper and then attaches down at the frame.

Originally I wanted the AEV but it's $200 more than the Warn and they look very similar.[/QUOTE

I am considering a Warn Elite Bumper with tire carrier for my 2018 JLU. Did you end up going with Warn? If so, any comments on how it is performing for you?

duktrx

Bumper is required, the passenger side bumper bracket has the hinge integrated.

I've had mine for a couple years, it has held up great, have a 35 hanging out back.

The tire is offset to the passenger side, providing a clear path to the handle to open the rear gate.

I do wish they had a zerk fitting to lube the hinge, my one gripe about the setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom