Ripping Off EVO and Using Veterans to Do It

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I think I make my viewpoint on people ripping other people off pretty well-known on this site. Well, here is yet another example of some scumbags trying to play off someone else's hard work. What's worse, they are also trying to earn points by claiming their Jeeps are "100% U.S. Veteran built"!

This "new" Texas company calls itself "EVO Off Road .net". Here is a screenshot of the ugly ass Starwood Motors type stuff they are selling.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462300659.199990.jpg

If you dig a little deeper, you will find that this company also goes by the name of "Elite Custom 4x4". That company ripped off pictures from Jeep's 10AE marketing campaign, did a crappy job Photoshopping out the "Rubicon" hood sticker, and uses the pictures as their own.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462301304.579568.jpg

Needless to say...be forewarned that these tools are not affiliated with Off Road Evolution or EVO Manufacturing...they just apparently wish they were.

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Ha. Evooffroad.net? Not even trying to pretend originality. Basically hoping people click on the wrong link in Google search results and end up thinking they're getting EVO when they're not.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^^ Exactly! And then claiming that the Jeeps are 100% Veteran built. Really? That is so misleading.

JAGS

Hooked
Nice find Sharkey! This is total crap on several fronts. If I were Mel, I'd be all over these guys....at least regarding the EVO component.

Brute

Hooked
It seems that manipulating search engine hierarchy's is the new way to advance your biz...man, I'm glad I closed my shop and retired. Now if I could only get my teenage daughters to clean their room...

GraniteCrystal

Did you watch the video on the Testimonial page? Epic. In a really bad kind of way. Looks like they creeped on some nastily built JKs around town put to a terrible soundtrack.

Chad

As a disabled US ARMY veteran, this shit pisses me off. Just because they throw in the word "veteran" so they can make more money. Just as bad as the shitbirds that dress in "uniform" and stand at traffic intersections with fucking buckets to raise money for "veterans". Fucking scumbags.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Did you watch the video on the Testimonial page? Epic. In a really bad kind of way. Looks like they creeped on some nastily built JKs around town put to a terrible soundtrack.

Thanks for making me waste 2 minutes of my life going to watch that. That. Was. Awful. :cheesy:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
This has got to be a fake website. Did you see the photo listed on the "Contact Us" tab? They photoshopped (and a shitty job at that) the front of the building showing their signage. Google Earth was no help since the last satellite image of that area was in 1995, in which is was a grass field.

WJCO

Meme King

Absolutely horrible. Wow.

This has got to be a fake website. Did you see the photo listed on the "Contact Us" tab? They photoshopped (and a shitty job at that) the front of the building showing their signage. Google Earth was no help since the last satellite image of that area was in 1995, in which is was a grass field.

Clearly a photoshop. If I ran across that website on my own as a customer, I would run. Not appealing at all.

GraniteCrystal

OK, I called them. A lovely British automated woman answers and tells you to pick from a list of options. I tried them all and no one ever picks up. They tell you to leave a message. Two of the options aren't even valid choices.

I also called a store next door and they'd never heard of them.

Top Bottom