Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Install went as smooth as that beer. Highly recommended

sent from a guy with a Jeep

Just ordered up a set. With a discount the price was nearly $200 less than the Reids. I also like that these reuse the stock steering stop bolts, where you have to shave the Redis down. Warranty is better. Just made sense. Will post up some pics in a week or so once they are on.
    Last edited by aermotor; Yesterday at 09:25 PM.
    Idiot with a JK

Quote Originally Posted by aermotor View Post
    Just ordered up a set. With a discount the price was nearly $200 less than the Reids. I also like that these reuse the stock steering stop bolts, where you have to shave the Redis down. Warranty is better. Just made sense. Will post up some pics in a week or so once they are on.
    Mine did not retain steering stop bolts. But you could easily drill and tap a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Mine did not retain steering stop bolts. But you could easily drill and tap a hole.
    Haha, well shit... got some misinformation then. Did you have to shave them down to stop like the Reids then?

ETA: I found an install PDF and I guess that's what you have to do, shave down the front/rear at the same time. I also see the instructions say the stop can be cut off and drilled for a 3/8" stop bolt if wanted.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by aermotor; Yesterday at 09:24 PM.
    Idiot with a JK

Quote Originally Posted by aermotor View Post
    Haha, well shit... got some misinformation then. Did you have to shave them down to stop like the Reids then?

ETA: I found an install PDF and I guess that's what you have to do, shave down the front/rear at the same time. I also see the instructions say the stop can be cut off and drilled for a 3/8" stop bolt if wanted.

Thanks for the heads up.
    I'm running a jk axle on my WJ. I left the knuckles just like they were and my steering is way better than my old axle. Better turning radius and less rubbing. So I'm not sure what you would have to do with yours. I would leave them as is, then test them and figure out if you need to change anything.

Sounds good, thanks.
    Idiot with a JK

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910