VIDEO - This Jeepster Commando Is Dauntless

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My pleasure! I know there are a few of us out there who can appreciate old iron like this :yup:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Great video! I do like the unique look of the Commandos. To me the owner modified just enough without detracting from its stock glory.

JAGS

Hooked
This was a cool video to share. Thanks tony and eddie for posting. When I was little, I used see the VW thing and the Jeepsters and always wanted one. Growing up in Redondo and Torrance, I used to dream of living near the beach and having my surfboards hanging out the back. :cool:

The owner makes it sound as though working on these old engines isn't too hard. $100 parts and a simple toolbox to fix most anything.

Anyways, thanks again for sharing. A fun watch. :yup:

Byte

Neat Commando!

Watched the other video about the '53 Willy's too. Guy makes pretty good short car films. I gotta watch some more!

Azzi

Commandos are great.... My first jeep was a 69 Commando half cab. Great video too, thanks for sending me back 20 years. Mine looked the same without all the shine.

Brute

Hooked
That thing is gorgeous...you can definitely tell by looking at it how it was influenced by International Scout when Kaiser decided to build this to compete against it...there is a pristine Commando convertible on Whidbey Island I've seen a couple times...but I think I prefer the truck...

It was also a neat story, and a well done video...

crowrb29

Great video, that thing is beautiful. The video really made me lust after that part of the Mojave too.

Warebear

Awesome video! I love these things, I wish I could find one to daily drive. I might have to get on that...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Every time I see this thread pop up, it makes me want to get out and take Emma for a spin :cool:

main.php

jesse3638

Hooked
That was a great video. There was one for sale a few houses down from me last year. I only saw it a couple days and before I could get over any look at it, it was gone. Could have been a cool vehicle to drive around and work on.

Top Bottom