Does this look right?

I just installed new ball joints.

image.jpeg

Installed the knuckle per the provided directions. Torqued to specs provided and I have (what seems to me to be) a significant gap between the bottom of the ball joint and the top of the knuckle.

image.jpeg

It's approximately 5/16" gap.

Also, the knuckle is extremely tight to turn compared to the stock which I could move with 1 finger. It takes 2 hands to move now.

So...is this normal/correct?

sc_rhino

I just installed new ball joints.

View attachment 202383

Installed the knuckle per the provided directions. Torqued to specs provided and I have (what seems to me to be) a significant gap between the bottom of the ball joint and the top of the knuckle.

View attachment 202384

It's approximately 5/16" gap.

Also, the knuckle is extremely tight to turn compared to the stock which I could move with 1 finger. It takes 2 hands to move now.

So...is this normal/correct?

Yes, mine is the same and I think they have to be broken in.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The knuckles isn't all the way up. You can see the top of the threads still. It should be flush with bottom of the ball joint. Also yes it should be tight.

Disregard, I just looked at mine and forgot that I have an extra boot on the bottom that makes it look more flush.

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

If you followed Dynatracs torque sequence you should be good. I remember thinking the same thing when I installed mine but like Coz, forgot I didn't have a boot like before.

Thanks for the input all.

As stated, I followed the directions explicitly.

If the concensus is it's good to go, I'll roll with it then.

Top Bottom