is it ok ? 315/75r16...16x8 bs-4 7/8

Karlos30

Hi all !

I plan to buy 35" tire, GY Duratrac, I already have wheel with 4 7/8 of backspacing(+10mm..off set) I presently run 285/75 on that 16x8 wheel.

My question is will I be ok if I swap to 315/75r16 with this 4 7/8 BS ...will it rub ? I cut the original bumper and installed vdp end cap, so should be ok for bumper. If there's gonna be a little rub at full flex or full turn I could live with that... But I want to have your expert advice...I do not rock crawl and as you !(I would like..but....maybe one day!) I have 3" lift from Zone offroad.

Thanks for your help ! :D

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It will probably rub a little bit. If I remember correctly the magic number is 4.5" backspacing or lower. You could always run spacers though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, 4.5" or lower is what you really want. Without it, you will most likely see rubbing up front at a full turn and in the rear, your side walls will sit dangerously close to your sway bar link ends. You might want to consider some wheel spacers too. If not, you can add some washers to your steer stops but, that will reduce your turning radius. In the rear, you can reverse your links but, there are some issues with that too.

Karlos30

yes, 4.5 is the number ! What do you think about the extra thin spacer, as 0.25 ou 0.5 inch wight out stud...as this image :
RC1096-2T.jpg

do you trust it ? even if we remove 0.25 or 0.5 inch height from stock stud..

If I use1.5" normale spacer I'll be to much out the fenders...and here police don't like it.. :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yes, 4.5 is the number ! What do you think about the extra thin spacer, as 0.25 ou 0.5 inch wight out stud...as this image :
View attachment 11118

do you trust it ? even if we remove 0.25 or 0.5 inch height from stock stud..

If I use1.5" normale spacer I'll be to much out the fenders...and here police don't like it.. :grayno:

DO NOT USE THESE - These are VERY DANGEROUS and should never be used. Only use high quality spacers at least 1" thick or more and with studs built into them like what Spidertrax makes. A good spacers will bolt up to your axle and your wheel to it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You want something like this:

main.php

Write-up for it here:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/spidertrax-wheel-spacers-installation-write-up

Karlos30

Thanks for the info about slim spacer.. ! I already have spacer as you show, the blue one, for time when I ran stock jeep wheel and still have them, so I'll try to run 315/75 on my wheel with 4 7/8, and if I rub i'll add my old spacer.

Mistake I did is to buy wheel with bs higher than 4.5, but I this time I didn't thing about 35"...!

Thanks for you help again :thumb:

Last edited:
Top Bottom