Rotopax Tailgate Location

whytiptoe

Hello I am looking at an idea of installing a or a set of rotopax on the tailgate on the inside. I am wanting to get the first aid and the storage pax. So the pax are 18.5 X 13.5, so two of them end to end would be 37", I know I can do math :clap2: , the gate is 36" but the opening is right at 39", has anyone done this? I know that I can stand them up but I am not sure if I would like that or not. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.

dillard09

You could always mount them to rear section of the cage. The make a mount that mounts to cage. Seems pretty easy and a clean setup. Just Google it. Not my jeep.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160508_193400.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160508_193400.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 107

whytiptoe

You could always mount them to rear section of the cage. The make a mount that mounts to cage. Seems pretty easy and a clean setup. Just Google it. Not my jeep.

Thats not that bad of a setup, kinda like it, if I can't do it the way I want I will really consider this option, thank you.

professorkx

I have 2 mounted on each side of my spare tire with 2 water packs, and I wouldn't Mount inside my jeep. When they get hot, they can burp out a little gas. I actually had one that got a tiny hole around the mount. Leaked about a cup of gas. Customer service was awesome, but would have made a mess if mounted inside my jeep.

whytiptoe

I have 2 mounted on each side of my spare tire with 2 water packs, and I wouldn't Mount inside my jeep. When they get hot, they can burp out a little gas. I actually had one that got a tiny hole around the mount. Leaked about a cup of gas. Customer service was awesome, but would have made a mess if mounted inside my jeep.

I pull never put a fuel container inside. I'm mounting my first aid and just a storage pack.

Top Bottom