Mojave Sand: show off your Mojave Sand Jeeps here!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Still mostly stock for the time being, but that will all change soon! Loving this color!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462828185.915726.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462828224.816474.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462828241.022340.jpg

And a close up. Darker than Sahara Tan and lighter than Dune.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462828294.930322.jpg

xxJWPxx

I should have added, that I'm also starting pretty stock but I'll be changing that soon after.

Ordered a sport JKU manual with hardtop, max tow and trac-lok rear. Planning on a 3" lift and 35's soon after.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I should have added, that I'm also starting pretty stock but I'll be changing that soon after.

Ordered a sport JKU manual with hardtop, max tow and trac-lok rear. Planning on a 3" lift and 35's soon after.

Awesome, congrats on the order! I ordered my last rig and it was the longest 8 weeks I have ever lived lol! I plan on building this one up very similar to my last rig, link in my signature.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Bump for the Mojave Sands out there. I know there are a few more! Post up your pics. These are the last few I will have for a while. BOHICA was shipped out last week and will be vacationing at sea for about a month before I see it again.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464461781.973213.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464461808.949382.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464461833.078613.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464461868.915626.jpg

Hawaii bound!

JeepJeep75

Jeep looks sharp AllAmericanInfidel. Enjoy wheeling it over there! Bring it back in one piece too! And thank you for your service!! :respect:

Shanetrn1

How much of a difference between your Mojave Sand vs my Sahara Tan? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464465240.411155.jpg I feel like the Sand is a little bit darker.

xxJWPxx

Picked up my Mojave Sand on Friday. I ordered it on May 7th and it arrived late Thursday night. The dealer was shocked at how fast they received the special order. They had told to me expect at least 8 weeks out on special orders.

It's a Sport model with hardtop, 6 speed manual, max tow package and Trac-Loc Rear. Now it's time to start with the mods! The plan is a 3" lift and 35's for a few years. I've got a few things that I pulled off my 2 door before I sold it that I'll be installing this week. I'll be starting a build thread labeled - "RAGNAROK - Mojave Sand Build" with more details.

Here are the soon to be "before" pics:

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5943.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

JKbrick

Do you coat it with anything for a month at sea or is it pretty protected? Thank you for serving the country

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Man that leveling kit looks good...

Thanks. I have seen a few on here with a leveling kit, trimmed factory flares and 35s, so I figured it would be a good starting point. If I outgrow it, I can always address it at that time. In the meanwhile, I plan on continuing to build it up and wheeling it as much as possible.

Jeep looks sharp AllAmericanInfidel. Enjoy wheeling it over there! Bring it back in one piece too! And thank you for your service!! :respect:

Thank you! Hopefully I don't break it too bad over there. I'm sure parts are going to be harder to come by and much more expensive lol!

How much of a difference between your Mojave Sand vs my Sahara Tan? View attachment 205498 I feel like the Sand is a little bit darker.

I actually parked near a 2 door Sahara Tan the other day, and a dune a few days before that. The Mojave Sand is darker than Sahara Tan. Otherwise, they are very similar in color tone. The Dune looked more yellow or mustard colored compared to the Mojave Sand and Sahara Tan.

Do you coat it with anything for a month at sea or is it pretty protected? Thank you for serving the country

Thank you, I truly do love my chosen career path! As far as a coating goes, I did not coat the Jeep with anything. I know my last rig had surface rust on the driveshafts and some suspension components after just a few months here. I am sure this rig will have the same once I get it back. Otherwise, I think it is pretty well protected. The bumpers are double powder coated with zinc and black. At least, I hope it's not a rust bucket by the time I get it. That would be just my luck though, hence the name lol!

MojaveJKU16

Here's my new Mojave Sand jku sport, manual, 3.73's, and trac-lock. Parked right where it should be. At the end of a rainbow, ,,? No, at work making money for parts. I'm thinking lod sliders and 33's are up first.

Attachments

• 20160626_210721~2.jpg
    20160626_210721~2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 223
Top Bottom