Best JK mods with a 5K budget?

BroncoRubi

In the next two weeks I may be getting my unlimited rubi finally!!!! I am praying it happens..... Anyway, with a budget of 5K, what would the best mods be to upgrade it. It will be a daily driver but I want to be able to hit the trails hard too... Tires, suspension and a winch i figure but I dont know where to start....

Thanks in advance for the info and advice

Mtank16

Will this be a trail rig for rock crawling or more of an overland/adventure rig? For adventure I would start with safety. Winch first with a bumper that can handle the winch. Next add armor where you think you need it (fuel tank and transmission?). Camping gear such as a roof rack. Remember, a Rubicon starts out awesome. That's almost $5k right there. Most people do the big tires and lift. I did the above and am enjoying the variety I'm getting right now. My taller tires and such will come when I wear out the current ones and get more experience with my Rubicon. Good luck on making those decisions.

Coming from someone who messed up the first time around on their build. If you're getting a rubi get armor/bumpers/rockers/winch/recovery. A rubicon is way more capable stock than you think so that's my .2s! Congrats though on the jeep! [emoji106][emoji106]

professorkx

Agree with Tylersilverjk. I would add to that bigger tires. I installed 35 inch tires the day after I took deliver.

BroncoRubi

I like to play in the rocks so yes it will be used for that some (I like a challenge). Like i said, it will also be my DD as well. I was already planing for the winch as I knew that was a given.

RedRum

I agree with what others have said, armor and tires ... Rock hard skids, evo sliders, evo leveling kit, trim fenders, and get 35s

uberc4

Seeing as you are getting a Rubicon, I would just do a leveling kit, cut fenders, 35s with stock rims. It will leave you a little room for bumpers. 5k will go quick...

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The best way to spend 5k on a new jeep...

1) Evo protek skid system.

2) A nice tent.
3) A nice portable grill.

4) A trip out to Moab.

Done.

WJCO

Meme King
Steering attenuator and 5 gallons of waste oil to lubricate your frame. First two things you need to do.

Ausjeep113

Like all these guys said. Evo protek skid system is the best but not essential. Levelling kit, any brand will do they are basically all the same. Trim the fenders and get some 35's. Should be a good start and then you can see how it performs and go from there.

Top Bottom