how safe do you think this is?

broke a stud (or 3) and while the rim started wobbling the remaining lugs started pushing into the rim and widened the area the seat into up a little. I have 2 of these like this this on the wheel. Left one in the pic is the question right is how it should look. Thoughts?

img20130104150323492.jpg

gtony12

Caught the Bug
broke a stud (or 3) and while the rim started wobbling the remaining lugs started pushing into the rim and widened the area the seat into up a little. I have 2 of these like this this on the wheel. Left one in the pic is the question right is how it should look. Thoughts?

img20130104150323492.jpg

I had the same thing happen on my Toyota with 35", I put new studs and new lugs, The rim looked the same and never had issues with it. Put over 100,000 on that rim. If that helps you out! Funny thing I was coming back from Sac CA, !!!!

StrizzyChris

If you're asking if it is safe as it sits now the plain answer is absolutely not! A pothole going 65 on the interstate could cause the remaining 3 to shear and from there could be minor accident causing just a thousand plus in repairs up to death from rollover! Either way the end result sucks for a hundred dollar repair, so dont chance it!
Gtony is correct that the wheel itself should be okay and no problem if you have new studs placed.

well of course I replaced all the studs I'm not driving around on 2 studs. That would be certain death. sorry if there was confusion. The condition of the wheel is what's in question.

Damn is a $100 bucks what a shop charges!? Glad I do my own work. I spent $7 bucks on new studs had them in in 30mins

Last edited:
Top Bottom