Jeep Truck Aftermarket Parts/Mods Ideas?

ryno1

I was thinking recently about how fast I would buy a wrangler truck (assuming it stays true to form) and that got me thinking like most other jeepers - What Jeep truck specific mods and/or aftermarket parts will there be. I thought I'd start a thread to see what ideas are out there. I'm sure there's some cool ideas out there that some of the mainstay jeep aftermarket parts companies haven't thought of. Here's some I was thinking of:
  • Initially, I was thinking something like a soft top for the truck bed. Something that maintains the look and feel of a jeep soft top, but just covers the bed in case you wanted to carry stuff and keep it out of the elements.
  • Tent for truck bed or platform for tent over the truck bed that leaves room beneath for cargo
  • Jerry can mounts (like on the crew chief concept)
  • Racks for canoes, kayaks, surfboards, skis, bikes, etc...
  • Bed mounted jump seats (obviously not for street riding - more like hunting, etc...)
  • Truck bed drawer system

devwil68

I'd love to see a decent cabover camper for it with a shower and toilet. Definitely something I'd purchase.

As long as this thing comes with a diesel motor so I can pull my 4-door JK with the cabover camper :)

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Manual locking hubs in the front and full float axle in the rear. You should be able to get a lot more gear (weight) in the rear of this thing than you can the JK so I'd take care of those axles first or you're gonna have a lot of bent axle flanges.

JCDriller

I'd love to see a decent cabover camper for it with a shower and toilet. Definitely something I'd purchase.

As long as this thing comes with a diesel motor so I can pull my 4-door JK with the cabover camper :)

I agree with this, I'd love to see a Flipac or AT Habitat style camper shell that also covers the cab above the back seats so you can access from inside the vehicle like the ursa minor. In foul weather it would be nice. I assume their will be some kind of freedom panel, make it work with the factory panels so I can still take my panels off and the camper doesn't cover them. Make it flip forward over the hood to minimize the footprint.

Top Bottom