License Plate Relocation Kit?

Stick

I'm looking for advice on kits to relocate my license plate to the spare tire, I believe that I need one with a light here in Texas. I have an LOD bumper w/ rear tire carrier if that makes a difference and I'm running 35" tires on ATX slabs. I've seen several kits out there just wondering if anyone has a preference on what kit to use.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Rock hard, Olympic , warrior, JKs, poison Spyder, and ace all have 3rd brake lights. Also depends if you order it with or with out the light.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
1463048646182.jpg mine was a bit pricy.
1463048710929.jpg
I had the rock hard and oro setup for a while. It's sitting on the garage i think.

chipper

I just did mine. I used the JKS mount setup. It was the most complete one for me. Bracket, light, cover for old hole. And under $50
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463070453.512125.jpg

Really like my rock hard/oro setup too. Brake light and plate light included.

Attachments

• 1463070708757.jpg
    1463070708757.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 229

Clem319

My setup is 3 zip ties. Cost about .10 cents. I didn't want to dig out a fourth so I only did 3. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463081438.298163.jpg

TwistedJK

Hey Clem, be careful. Cops can pull you over for no plate light.

That depends really on the state. In Florida, the statute specifically states that the license plate must be visible from 300 feet (not sure of the exact number though) away. It does not actually say anything about a plate light. Which doesn't really make sense, because if am officer is behind you with his lights on 300 ft away. his lights should illuminate the tag. Loophole I learned while working as a cop

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Really like my rock hard/oro setup too. Brake light and plate light included.

This! I ran the same setup and it worked great. I spliced in higher on the harness so I could switch back and forth between running just the EVO gate plate or the tire carrier and retain both plugs.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463096914.215291.jpg

Rock Hard plate relocation bracket looked the same as the rest above.

Top Bottom