Looking for legitimate Pros/Cons

0311DoC

I have 2016 JKUR and it obviously came with 17" wheels. Was told by a few people once I decide to get new tires to also get 15" wheels as when you air down you will have more of a footprint and/or sidewall. Just want yes here some thoughts or opinions.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
A general rule that some go by is to run a rim close to half the size of the tire. So, with a 35" or bigger tire, a 17" wheel is perfect. Like was said above, you can get into clearance problems with 15's.

Pros: 15" wheels look good, perform well off-road, and does allow for more sidewall.

Cons: You'll be stuck with the stock brakes, make sure you find a wheel that will clear the stock calipers, doesn't handle as well on road (handling, as comfort will be good)

Napalm

My vote is to stick with 17s. You'll have break problems with the 15s and it easier to get tires for 17s.

Ddays

Hooked
My vote is to stick with 17s. You'll have break problems with the 15s and it easier to get tires for 17s.

^^ beat me to it. Your rotors are gonna fill a 15" wheel up pretty good.
Unless you're in loose sand I don't see how the 15's would be noticeably better than the 17's.

Last edited:

Jkjosh14

Can anyone even confirm if a 15 will fit on a JK?

I have pro comp steely 15 inch wheels and they are great for a cheap wheel that if you bash it up or bend it you can get another one for 50 bucks. As stated upgrading the brakes is not in my future without new wheels. I've also found that 35's for a 15 inch wheel are about $100 cheaper per tire.

deadguy

I run a 15" mb72 aluminum wheel. 3.75 backspacing. I have a rk drag flip and run a synergy tie rod and all clears

deadguy

Pit bull makes a 37 as well. That's why I just went to 17s. Tire selection sucks and your limited on what steering/ tie rod/ brakes you can upgrade to

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Can anyone even confirm if a 15 will fit on a JK?

Many 15s fit on a JK, Discount Tire sells a ton of them...level 8 trackers, black rock vipers, etc. I ran 15s on my last rig and loved them....only went up to 16s on my current rig because Duratracs dont come in a 35x15. Loved the aggressive stance, loved the extra sidewall (comfort) and tires were actually less expensive.

These are 15s and 33s. (my last rig)

8733622309_882b6af77e_b.jpg

Current rig...same setup, only 35s and 16s.

16563537485_199d4cdde9_b.jpg

Last edited:

Evil

Many 15s fit on a JK, Discount Tire sells a ton of them...level 8 trackers, black rock vipers, etc. I ran 15s on my last rig and loved them....only went up to 16s on my current rig because Duratracs dont come in a 35x15. Loved the aggressive stance, loved the extra sidewall (comfort) and tires were actually less expensive.

These are 15s and 33s. (my last rig)

8733622309_882b6af77e_b.jpg

Current rig...same setup, only 35s and 16s.

16563537485_199d4cdde9_b.jpg

Thanks. I never knew and never thought to try it.

Top Bottom