Airbag Light

TwistedJK

Driving home thus morning after changing the oil, and I noticed the airbag light was on (the red one with a pic of the bag inflated in someone's face). This is the first time I've had this happen. It turned off after about a minute of me noticing it. Not sure how long it was on though prior, had the doors off, no top and radio blaring. Not going to lie, it creeped me out and I moved my seat back a little, lol. I was thinking it may have to do with the clock spring, but wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone else has had an issue like this. It hasn't thrown any codes yet either, but I'll check again to make sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You guessed right, clock spring is going bad. It's what I'm working on today. :rolleyes2:

TwistedJK

You guessed right, clock spring is going bad. It's what I'm working on today. :rolleyes2:

Thank you sir. Do you know if there is a chance of the airbag deploying until I can get the part? I don't want to be driving down the road and have it go off.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you sir. Do you know if there is a chance of the airbag deploying until I can get the part? I don't want to be driving down the road and have it go off.

Nah, you'll be fine. The only thing that might happen is you pounding your head on the steering wheel as the chime that sounds off everytime the light comes on begins to drive you nuts. :crazyeyes:

jeeeep

Hooked
my 2010 has done the same thing last week, new clock spring should arrive tomorrow.

from all I've read, the warning light indicates the airbag is deactivated and the airbag will not go off even in an accident.

turn the music up louder, you won't hear that annoying chime :thumb:

Top Bottom