Jspec 3.5

dunn81

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463536345.076961.jpg
I upgraded to 37s today, going to order a spring lift tomorrow. I'm heavily leaning toward JKS JSPEC 3.5" Coils with some additional options. I haven't been able to read a lot of feedback, but what I have has been positive.
Anyone have input that might ease my decision?

JKbrick

View attachment 203830
I upgraded to 37s today, going to order a spring lift tomorrow. I'm heavily leaning toward JKS JSPEC 3.5" Coils with some additional options. I haven't been able to read a lot of feedback, but what I have has been positive.
Anyone have input that might ease my decision?

I like my JKS stuff, good quality

Peak

I've been thinking about getting the coils but I haven't seen them sold separately. Any idea on where I can get them?

JKbrick

I've been thinking about getting the coils but I haven't seen them sold separately. Any idea on where I can get them?

I would think anyplace that sells JKS could get just the coils, if you call them you could get the part numbers I bet

Peak

I would think anyplace that sells JKS could get just the coils, if you call them you could get the part numbers I bet

Good deal. I'll probably call trail jeeps, I know they e been installing a lot of their kits. Thanks.

dunn81

Wes and Tim at Trail Jeeps got things together for me this morning. Everything was in stock and should ship out today. Great customer service!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Yea, I spoke to Tim at Trail Jeeps yesterday and he was raving about the jspec lifts. Said the 2.5 would be good for my 2 dr rubi, if I didn't want to worry about get new driveshafts. He said its on road handling is much better than the evo enforcer. So, now I'm considering this one too...is it possible to lean in like 6 different ways?

You'll have to give us your feedback once you put a few miles on her.

mastrcruse

:munching:

JKS is better than EVO? Hmm...not sure about that one. I haven't had much experience with JKS stuff though so maybe its true. Did they give you a reason why they suggested JKS over EVO..like ride quality ect.?

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have been very curious about the JKS coils. I know ride is subjective and all, but really wonder why they are pushing the JKS so heavily now. What shocks are they pairing the lift with?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I ran the JKS JSPEC 2.0 linear coils on my last rig. The best I could compare it to ride quality would be it ride almost exactly like stock. I have not ridden in an enforcer equipped Jeep, so no idea on that. I did test out and ride in rigs with Teraflex, MetalCloak, AEV , BDS and Rough Country and can say that in my opinion, it was softer and rode noticeably better than all of those. From what I understand, JKS now only sells dual rate coils now, so no idea how they would compare to the JKS stuff I had. I can say that all of the JKS stuff I have run has been top notch stuff.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463667218.497799.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463667314.579089.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463667082.886655.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463667082.886655.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 548
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463667166.221315.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463667166.221315.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have been very curious about the JKS coils. I know ride is subjective and all, but really wonder why they are pushing the JKS so heavily now. What shocks are they pairing the lift with?

Like ANY shop, maybe they've just got a better working relationship with JKS, stock more of their parts or simply make more profit on them. Of course, ride quality is 100% subjective and for them, maybe they just like the quality of the ride better. :yup:

swampdog

I ran the JKS JSPEC 2.0 linear coils on my last rig. The best I could compare it to ride quality would be it ride almost exactly like stock. I have not ridden in an enforcer equipped Jeep, so no idea on that. I did test out and ride in rigs with Teraflex, MetalCloak, AEV , BDS and Rough Country and can say that in my opinion, it was softer and rode noticeably better than all of those. From what I understand, JKS now only sells dual rate coils now, so no idea how they would compare to the JKS stuff I had. I can say that all of the JKS stuff I have run has been top notch stuff.

View attachment 204034

View attachment 204035

Your old rig with the half doors still gives me a chub...

Clutch

Caught the Bug
:munching:

JKS is better than EVO? Hmm...not sure about that one. I haven't had much experience with JKS stuff though so maybe its true. Did they give you a reason why they suggested JKS over EVO..like ride quality ect.?

I was surprised to hear that too. He said on road ride was better, he did admit that he lost 3" of overall wheel articulation going from the 3" enforcer to the 2.5 jspec on a 4 door but said articulation was still plenty.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Fox 2.0 with special valving.

mastrcruse

I was surprised to hear that too. He said on road ride was better, he did admit that he lost 3" of overall wheel articulation going from the 3" enforcer to the 2.5 jspec on a 4 door but said articulation was still plenty.

Ya. In all honesty, you need to find someone with these lifts and test drive the Jeep to see what you like. There are so many opinions of springs, shocks, arms, ect. that can make the entire process confusing and its all on how you feel vs. what you read or hear. For instance, I had the RK X factor kit and loved it. I paired is with the Rancho 9000's and it made for a great daily driver. I road in a friends setup, multiple times, with Evo's plush's and thought they were harsher but he was running Bilsteins which probably hurt the ride since they tend to be stiff. The Rancho's though are my weak link as far as articulation...the right fox's would open it up well. I'm biased toward RK because I've had great success with them and just upgraded to their long arm kit but there are great choices out there in RK, EVO, and (now i guess) JKS.

Long story short, try to take a few rides in the different setups and note their control arms/springs/shock/steering setup to find your variables to make a decision.

GraniteCrystal

One difference between the JKS and the EVO Enforcer is JKS is running dual rate springs and EVO is linear. Thoughts on how that'll affect the ride and offroad capabilities?

Jeepfan30

Ya. In all honesty, you need to find someone with these lifts and test drive the Jeep to see what you like. There are so many opinions of springs, shocks, arms, ect. that can make the entire process confusing and its all on how you feel vs. what you read or hear. For instance, I had the RK X factor kit and loved it. I paired is with the Rancho 9000's and it made for a great daily driver. I road in a friends setup, multiple times, with Evo's plush's and thought they were harsher but he was running Bilsteins which probably hurt the ride since they tend to be stiff. The Rancho's though are my weak link as far as articulation...the right fox's would open it up well. I'm biased toward RK because I've had great success with them and just upgraded to their long arm kit but there are great choices out there in RK, EVO, and (now i guess) JKS.

Long story short, try to take a few rides in the different setups and note their control arms/springs/shock/steering setup to find your variables to make a decision.

Great perspective, plain and simple. Shocks, bushings, tire pressure combos are going to make every coil feel different on every Jeep.

mastrcruse

One difference between the JKS and the EVO Enforcer is JKS is running dual rate springs and EVO is linear. Thoughts on how that'll affect the ride and offroad capabilities?

Offroad capabilities...none that I can think of.

It comes down to the total package for affecting the ride. If I'm running 22" wheels and 33" tires with Bilsteins, linear/dual/triple rate springs wont mean much but you'll need to call a damn dentist haha. The total combination of parts will give you ride quality measure and then you have to throw in the perspective of each person on the planet.

Top Bottom