2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Prototype Spied: Top 10 Predictions & Rumors

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Fast Lane Car just posted up an interesting video that includes spy shots of a new Jeep JL Wrangler being tested up in the Rockies. They also include some interesting shots underneath and provide some good well founded predictions based on credible rumors and inside information. Check it out...

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I've seen a handful of test vehicles on the 58 going over the pass. If I see a wrangler I'm pulling a ditch maneuver on it.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
So at 7:13 I was like "OH MY GOD, STICKS!!! WATCH OUT"

But really, great video and an interesting watch. As technology moves upward, so too must the Wrangler. I look forward to seeing these upgrades, but can imagine there will be problems on the first few model years.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
My first thought was Jeep was beginning to open their Kimonos and reveal what's on deck. By the end I think we're still totally guessing. If the JL is going to be a 2018, Jeep should be close to finalizing the prototypes. This proto was probably an engine test mule. When they said they caught a whiff of diesel and it was pulling away, I leaned forward. A side note; my wife n I were driving on I-70 west of Denver yesterday and a couple of Mustang test mules blew by us. There were all kinds of test do-dads and camo grill covers hanging off them. It's test season in the Rockies.:yup:

cjmenma

Interesting video, got me wondering now about the "new" axles shown.
Hope they do not get rid of the manual, for me that it's essential on a wrangler.
Also interesting how they will integrate an electronic shifting for 4wd. Thanks for sharing! :thumb:

JamesWyatt

2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Prototype Spied: Top 10 Predictions & Rumors

Why would they would attach a new grill to the old body then camouflage it? Are the radiator fins really that big of a deal? Putting the camo on actually attracts attention. I'm starting to think the JL will be the exact same body and you're seeing the new JL save for the way the hard top and soft top is engineered.

"Smells like a diesel," lol. In front of the Wrangler was an old as shit Suburban stinking up the air. Jeez, how long will it take people to realize you can't easily smell a modern diesel?

Ddays

Hooked
Whaaat? If you saw that thing parked on the side of the road in a public lot like that, wouldn't you be like crawling all over that thing and taking an assload of photos? :thinking:
They drove past it like he was drawing aim on them.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Whaaat? If you saw that thing parked on the side of the road in a public lot like that, wouldn't you be like crawling all over that thing and taking an assload of photos? :thinking:
They drove past it like he was drawing aim on them.

Yeah.. Not sure why they did that..??

Anyway, I take this as all good news. I'm really looking forward to what's to come

stormtroopedjk

Excited to see the finished product. Not a fan of the hybrid idea and don't really see that happening but everything else sounds like an awesome idea to me!

JamesWyatt

I forgot to say that the most dire prediction in that video was the possibility of moving from shift levers to a push button terrain management system.

Buttons for 4WD? 4L? A dial for selecting sand, snow, mud, latte, etc.? F that.

StrizzyChris

I'm ok with the solid windshield, even a little more rake doesn't bother me, but I'm not a fan of angles on the grill and the uni-mold front bumper to the fenders that I've seen. Curious about the axle changes.

madstiles

The Fast Lane Car just posted up an interesting video that includes spy shots of a new Jeep JL Wrangler being tested up in the Rockies. They also include some interesting shots underneath and provide some good well founded predictions based on credible rumors and inside information. Check it out...

Cool video thanks

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Overall, I think it looks similar enough to my JK that I would consider one. The one thing I don't like about it is the way the grill looks angled like that. Also, depending on how the new panel soft top turns out, it might be amazing or a complete deal breaker for me.

Top Bottom