Will You Buy a New JL Wrangler?

Will You Buy a New JL Wrangler?

• HELL YES!! Take my old JK and my money - I want one NOW!!

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes - I'm looking forward to buying one and will add it to the stable.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Yes - This will be my first and I've been waiting for something like the JL to come out.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • NO WAY IN HELL!! I am not impressed with what I'm seeing and I'm keeping what I've got!

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • No - The JL Wrangler is just too much like the JK I already have.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • No - I've been wanting a Wrangler but I think I will just buy a JK.

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. The reign of the JK Wrangler is nearing the end of it's shelf life and the all new JL Wrangler is coming just around the corner. And, what I want to know is, who amongst you will be buying one? Will you sell your JK to do it or will you just add the new model to the stable? Or, are you not impressed with what you're seeing, someone who's more than happy with what you've got now and you'll be more than happy keeping it till the day you die? Please vote on the poll and post up your thoughts on the new JL Wrangler as I'd sure like to hear what you have to say :cool:

attachment.php

For those of you on our app and can't see the poll, here are the choices that I entered:

1. HELL YES!! Take my old JK and my money - I want one NOW!!
2. Yes - I'm looking forward to buying one and will add it to the stable.
3. Yes - This will be my first and I've been waiting for something like the JL to come out.
4. NO WAY IN HELL!! I am not impressed with what I'm seeing and I'm keeping what I've got!
5. No - The JL Wrangler is just too much like the JK I already have.
6. No - I've been wanting a Wrangler but I think I will just buy a JK.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yes I'd like to buy one and keep my current JK. The only thing I'm not sure on is if I'd get another Rubicon model or not.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I'd like to buy one and keep my current JK. The only thing I'm not sure on is if I'd get another Rubicon model or not.

That's a good question. Like you, I plan on getting one and will keep my 2 JK's but I think I was more wondering whether or not to get a 2-door or another 4-door. I know there's speculation about Jeep discontinuing the manual transmission and that would really suck if they do as I'd really like to get a JL with one.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If my JKUR is lifted and more built up by the time the JL comes out, then I am unlikely to make the switch. If not, and JL has enough significant changes, then I would consider trading up and using the equity from the sale of my JKUR to build up a financed JL.

Napalm

5. There's a reason I bought a 2016 JKU. I've just read too many things about the JL that just don't appeal to me. Plus even though I just did, I refuse to start over once again [emoji35]

Broke_JKowner

I will keep my 2014 JKU and continue build it up as time and $$$$ allow. Plus I have a manual and rumor has it they are doing away with the manual tranny. (Loser move)

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Will be keeping the '15 JKUR I just bought last summer. It is still a work in progress that I am building to use when I start Snowbirding.

Moochie

#2, probably wait until the 2nd year of production so any bugs will be mostly worked out. I will be keeping my 2008 JK for a long time. I'm hoping to have a big enough garage to keep them all in by 2018.

Exodus 4x4

Probably not. My plan now is to do an LS swap once the 3.6 gets enough wear. I'd rather put my money towards that than a new JL that I'd have to start all over with. I think the JK will have the same kind of appeal that the 92-97 OBS Ford trucks have had anyways.

#5... i dont feel like its a drastic enough change to loose the upgrades ive already installed and paid for.

ORNGuJK

I'm itching for the new JL truck they are promising. And hopefully with an ecodiesel! Not sure I'll be able to swing that and keep my JK though. After renting a Renegade and seeing the video Renegade on the rocks, I see one of those in our near future as well

JamesWyatt

I guess I'm conflicted, so part (1) and part (6). I just flipped my 1-mo old Willys for a HR, so the JL is really going to have to blow me away to trade.

So my answer is it depends on what it really looks like and if we get the diesel option. What would it take for me to go all "take my money" on them? If they made either a Defender 110-sized wagon (like their recent safari concept) or a 4-dr extended bed pickup model (and a military-style, optional roll cage and canvas tarp over the bed would have me seeing stars, but this could be something the aftermarket industry comes up with for any JL pickup). If all they release are replacements for the JK/JKU, then the diesel would be my only draw, and I'm not yet sure that's enough for a first model buy-up.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
#4 - I do not see how these modifications will make the JL any more off-road worthy. I guess when we lift or modify our Jeeps, we are really going against what the engineers intended. With that being said, I suspect that these new versions will simply be something to appeal to a larger on-road crowd and likely reduce the ability to further modify in the future for our purposes on this forum. Let's face it, what we do to our Jeeps is not normal and no where near what most people use their Jeeps for. Just my two cents.

Top Bottom