Mopar Camper Trailers

Renagade119

Hey I was just clicking through the online Mopar store and I notice this sick little trailer that they had on the cover, and apparently its like a small camper type deal. Anyone know who manufactures these and anyone have any experience with these and has some feedback?

ichthus

While I'm sure that Jeep contracts out for manufacturing, I've not seen who builds for them. They're certainly not the cheapest option for a small trailer, but the one I looked at seemed pretty decent. I'm sure some of the guys on here can let you know how they stack up against the independent competition. Biggest advantage is probably just that they have a lot of details build in to match a JK

rfoust

I really want to see one of those in person. I've seen pictures online and they seem weird to me. I have a 3 person tent (well, 2 person + dog) that collapses into a bag that I can hold in 1 hand, so I just don't get the whole tent-in-a-trailer thing. :) Not hating on it though, if I saw it in person I'd probably want one. I just like cool gadgets, I can't help it.

1yellowjk

One of the guys down the street from me had one, he would bring it out to local shows and stuff. Very small and not that loaded out for an "Adventure Trailer" I think 2 grand was added to the price just because it had the Jeep logo, that and JK rims. Not worth the money, there are way better and more capable setups out there and for less.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah I don't think its worth it. It looks cool but one can be built or bought that is better for cheaper. But it all depends on how long you want to wait, what you'll pay and what your going to do with it.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Yeah I don't think its worth it. It looks cool but one can be built or bought that is better for cheaper. But it all depends on how long you want to wait, what you'll pay and what your going to do with it.

Agreed, it's a glorified 2 man tent on wheels. They want nearly 10K for a new one. You could probably build a much cooler trailer/camper for 10 grand.

Trailer pics here

MTG

Caught the Bug
I think they look cool. But, like many things, I don't think I would ever buy one.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
A friend of mine bought one brand new for half price. The dealer just wanted to get rid of it. Its nice, but I wouldnt buy one

Jason W.

They are made by livin lite, i have checked out the mopar version, It definetly has a cool factor but the price is high for what it is, the non mopar versions are a little cheaper I believe.

Renagade119

Hmmmm ok, thanks guys. I just wanted some info, if I was to ever camp on a trip I'd probably take a tent. Just wanted to hear if you guys knew anything :bleh:

Top Bottom