2008 jku

Mtb275

Well, since I bought a new 2016, I have decided to sell my 2008. Love the 08' just wanted to upgrade.

I'm asking $21,000 as it sits. It only has 80,700 miles on it. I like the front and rear bumpers and I am considering putting them on my 2016, so we can negotiate those out of the price.

2008 JKU
Manual transmission
Detroit truetrac lockers front and rear
AC
Garvin Rack
Light Bar
Crawler concepts Front bumper
Smitty Built Winch
Crawler Conceptz boat side steps
LoD rear bumper with tire carrier
Hi-lift jack Mount
Terra flex lift 3.5"
Lights Wired for flat towing
Rancho 9000 front shock

Everything works good. No leaks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463940868.324828.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463940886.333263.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463940898.970622.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463940907.832277.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463940921.098312.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463940935.913273.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463940946.351793.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463940955.699898.jpg

I know you have some addons but you're a bit high considering a 2016 is only a few thousand more... I dont know how eager you are to sell but at that price i hope youre a patient man!

mattfl

I know you have some addons but you're a bit high considering a 2016 is only a few thousand more... I dont know how eager you are to sell but at that price i hope youre a patient man!

A few K more? lol. Show me a 2016 JKU for under 30k. Hell when I traded in my 2012 last year I got 29k for it and it was lightly modified. I think he's about right price wise at 21k.

Hobolobo

A few K more? lol. Show me a 2016 JKU for under 30k. Hell when I traded in my 2012 last year I got 29k for it and it was lightly modified. I think he's about right price wise at 21k.

Its pretty easy to find a new one with a manual trans, manual locks/windows, and the smaller 16" wheels for under 30k. I just found two autos with 3.73s and the 17" wheels for 31k. So yes. A few K more.
Edit to add that its his jeep and he can ask whatever he wants for it though.

Mtb275

Thanks for adding value to the thread. I really appreciate that.

Not sure how you are figuring this. The least expensive new JKU i have seen is 28,000. And that is without a hard top. Add taxes, lisc and docs, for easy math sake, add 10%, so you are at $30,800. That is almost a $10K difference. Not just a few. Then add the price of the new options $6,500. That is just options no labor or powder coating. Now you are at $37,3000. Now it is a $16K difference.

I've always understood a few to be 3 to maybe 5. Not 10 or more.

You are correct I am in no hurry to sell it, because it looks good in my driveway:brows:. In all seriousness, I do believe i have priced it at a fair price. I do have to start somewhere and I willing to work on the price with serious buyers.

To figure out the starting price, I used what has been suggested on this forum and by other people I have spoken to. I asked for advice, because I am no expert on pricing cars. I was told and have read that a good starting point is blue book price with 50% of the price of the options added to it. Just the cost of the options. No Labor or other little piss ant addons.

Blue book Value says $17,218
Terraflex lift, Shocks, flip kit, etc $2000
Garvin Rack $1,300
LoD Rear bumper and carrier $1,200
CC Front Bumper $699
CC Rockers $799
Winch $500

Total addons $6,500. 50% of that is $3,250.

Blue book $17,218 + addons $3,250= $20,468

Have a good day.

Mtb275

Agreed.

Thanks for the support! :thumb:

image.jpg

This is the first local website i checked, would you like me to link others as well?

Listen, I wasn't trying to insult you or ruffle your feathers... After all its your jeep and your entitled to ask whatever price you want for it. With all the information available on the internet today, people are very well informed and as such its a buyers market, not a sellers. This is precisely why I said that at that price, I hope your a patient man. That being said, I hope you get all the money you're asking for it... Good luck with the sale!

Mtb275

View attachment 204664

This is the first local website i checked, would you like me to link others as well?

Listen, I wasn't trying to insult you or ruffle your feathers... After all its your jeep and your entitled to ask whatever price you want for it. With all the information available on the internet today, people are very well informed and as such its a buyers market, not a sellers. This is precisely why I said that at that price, I hope your a patient man. That being said, I hope you get all the money you're asking for it... Good luck with the sale!

Nope, that is exactly my point. That jeep is only 2k less that what I used in my example. And mind you it doesn't have a hard top. With that aside, it would still take an investment of $35k to get that jeep home and setup similar to mine.

You also said someone can get a new one for a few thousand more. That is false.
14k to me is more than a few thousand. All I ask is you look at the whole picture before you spout off on a random sale thread.

Every sale has to start at a price. I've never known anyone to offer more than the asking price. And for used items they usually offer less.

And frankly, most everyone reading this already has a jeep. So the likely hood of it selling to a person on this forum is slim. But people on here may know someone looking......

Have a nice day.

jeeeep

Hooked
I can buy a newer Jeep with steel stamped wheels, basic interior, no lockers, no mods, a little more mileage (30000 or more is a little?) for just a few thousand more....
Nothing like a fucktard comparison trying to compare apples to oranges, somebody kick him in the nuts :cheesy:

I can buy a newer Jeep with steel stamped wheels, basic interior, no lockers, no mods, a little more mileage (30000 or more is a little?) for just a few thousand more....
Nothing like a fucktard comparison trying to compare apples to oranges, somebody kick him in the nuts :cheesy:

Yeah, how stupid of me to compare an 8 year newer vehicle with 80,000 less miles, full factory warranty and a 3.6 thats better in every way shape and form than the 3.8 for a few thousand more... I must really be an idiot:naw:

So it doesn't have a winch, bumpers and a roof rack... I forgot how expensive those things are:thumb:

I don't know why you felt compelled to get this thread all riled up again after I said twice with good intention to the OP that I wished him luck with his sale and hope he gets all the money for it:hmm:

I live in Phoenix, Arizona... If you'd like, I can pm you my address. You're welcome to come by anytime and kick me in the nuts yourself!:clap2:

Top Bottom