Door & top.

Serg5000

When off-roaders travel from good distances I imagine they keep their doors and tops on. What or rather where do they leave their tops and doors when wanting to run the trail naked. The jeep that is. Thoughts?

TennJK

I would imagine at a local friend or camp site nearby. Some parks will have storage for tops and doors as well. Most people just make the drive without them. That's what I normally do

Napalm

I try to get a cabin or have someone in the group get a cabin/hotel room. Store the top and doors in there. A soft top makes it easier as well!

Peak

I plan on getting the savvy doors with uppers for the ride there then throwing them somewhere in the back of the jeep while on the trail. If you have a soft top you can easily put it down when you get to the trail head.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
When off-roaders travel from good distances I imagine they keep their doors and tops on. What or rather where do they leave their tops and doors when wanting to run the trail naked. The jeep that is. Thoughts?

The ground does a GREAT job at holding the hard tops, and a nice tree or two work wonders for leaning doors. I've had zero problems with this so far... :thumb:

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Doors & top come off in Mar/April depending on weather and go back on in October. I run a bikini top & half doors for spring & summer. If the trail is 500+ miles I usually tow, less than that I enjoy the wind in my face!

Yeah I have factory half doors so I either just take the Windows off and throw them in the back of I will just leave them at home. Same with my doors if we decide to run doorless I'll just leave them at home. As far as tops get a soft top then you can always put it down whenever you want!

Serg5000

Yeah I have factory half doors so I either just take the Windows off and throw them in the back of I will just leave them at home. Same with my doors if we decide to run doorless I'll just leave them at home. As far as tops get a soft top then you can always put it down whenever you want!

The top I'm ok with just stowing it away. It's the full doors I was more concerned with. Again, thank you for all the tips.

jesse3638

Hooked
Doors & top come off in Mar/April depending on weather and go back on in October. I run a bikini top & half doors for spring & summer. If the trail is 500+ miles I usually tow, less than that I enjoy the wind in my face!

^^This^^. Unfortunately I've been lazy and haven't taken them off yet. Last year I drove front Apple Valley to Truckee naked. A few thunderstorms and some warm and chilly temps made it all the better...haha. I did learn one thing. Keep a roll of paper towels in a plastic bag somewhere in the jeep. That way you can wipe out the inside of the windshield. The wipers only work on the outside..;)

Serg5000

^^This^^. Unfortunately I've been lazy and haven't taken them off yet. Last year I drove front Apple Valley to Truckee naked. A few thunderstorms and some warm and chilly temps made it all the better...haha. I did learn one thing. Keep a roll of paper towels in a plastic bag somewhere in the jeep. That way you can wipe out the inside of the windshield. The wipers only work on the outside..;)

Sound advice. Thank you.

Top Bottom