Which steering stabilizer would you guys recommend?

JKHunter817

I am getting rid of this dual stabilizer setup that came on my rubicon, what would you guys recommend? I was looking at Bilstein to go with my shocks but heard it pushes to the left.

I am getting rid of this dual stabilizer setup that came on my rubicon, what would you guys recommend? I was looking at Bilstein to go with my shocks but heard it pushes to the left.

My Bilstein steering works just fine and I would recommend. OME is a good one also. But I honestly probably didn't need to upgrade from the factory one...eventually I'll do PSC hydro assist when I go to 37's and more lift, but that's a ways down the road. Front adjustable track bar will be more dependable on steering and might want to look at going that route as well.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I would second (or third) replace with stock one. There is no need to spend a bunch of money on something that isn't even needed with a properly set up steering system. Stock stabilizer will do anything you need. If you find you steering system lacking due to, say tire size for instance, there isn't an aftermarket stabilizer that will help you anyways. At that point you would need to be looking at hydro assist. That is, unless you just want to spend money on something that looks cool, then by all means.

JKHunter817

I have an adjustable track bar, and as for the stock one I don't have it. I figured if I'm going to pay for one mine as well make it look good while I'm at it. I don't like the look of this Rancho setup at all and I heard it's worse running it than a stock or single aftermarket.

JKHunter817

I'm running 35s so may be just for looks or making myself think the steering feels "tighter" hah .I understand what you guys are saying though.

swampdog

Don't do it for looks man. There is nothing cool about a front end that has real issues masked by a piece of shiny metal. Buy an OEM one and spend your money on something that will actually benefit your setup, not mask it's problems.

JKHunter817

Don't do it for looks man. There is nothing cool about a front end that has real issues masked by a piece of shiny metal. Buy an OEM one and spend your money on something that will actually benefit your setup, not mask it's problems.

I have replaced all my tie rods and ball joints, I do need control arms though, dropped my tire pressure feels way better. Hopefully no issues after those and another alignment, I guess I'll just pickup whatever stabilizer I can find local.

Well said here. You could spend a little more for pieces like heavy tie rods and drag links, if you're going to be wheeling it that hard. Like I said, I've got the Bilstein, but it's certainly not needed.

swampdog

Lol, that's only for hard core rigs running 50" tires and above. Great thing is, that's all you need to do for your steering, no other mods necessary! [emoji15]

Literally, it's all you need for steering. Tie rod, drag link, or steering wheel not required. It's basically like Tesla's autopilot.

Top Bottom