JCR vs Crawler Conceptz Body Mounted Tire Carrier

JKU EXTREME

Just like the title suggests. I am curious to know who has either, or fell into the same predicament that I'm in, I don't want to pay over a Grand for a tire carrier. They have a similar design, but there is a price difference of $100. So if anyone has some insight or suggestions, it would be appreciated. Thanks

josh_ham

Following! As, I too, would like to know. I'm going to be installing a crawler conceptz front bumper in the near future so I think I'm leaning towards the same for the rear of my Jeep.

JKU EXTREME

Following! As, I too, would like to know. I'm going to be installing a crawler conceptz front bumper in the near future so I think I'm leaning towards the same for the rear of my Jeep.

I like the crawler conceptz one, a friend of mine has it. I'd want to get their bumper to "protect" the tire on ledges, but that's up in the air.

Sullivan

I have CC body mount. It's getting powdercoated right now. I will have a review of it soon but I love the looks and quality of it so far. A lot of time and labor put into it for sure. Welds and corners are really amazing. I don't think you can go wrong with the CC one. Just my opinion. But I will update once I get it back and fully installed. And I also ended up getting the CC rear armor with flare delete. So she should have a nice looking rear end very soon!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464778188.225438.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464778205.191173.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464778226.492229.jpg

COLOJK

I am also very interested in this. It seems that the JCR carrier is very new and I have not been able to find any reviews yet.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I agree it looks fairly similar.

Anyone know when they released it?

Looks really similar. I only like their half doors. Not sure on this carrier. I'd probably go with the cc one before this one.

COLOJK

I agree it looks fairly similar.

Anyone know when they released it?

I noticed it on their website maybe a few months ago. They have been pumping out a lot of new products and I haven't seen much hype around the release of this one. I have their classic sliders and really like them but I am hesitant about this carrier because there's no reviews.

Mtb275

I can't speak about the tire carrier in question, but I had a few CC items in my 2008. Quality and service was excellent.

FishsJK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464801242.755639.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464801256.988764.jpg as usual JCR's stuff is well built just like the rest of them. It's basically down to the welders now whether they know how to weld or not..

JoeB-JKURX

Tire Carrier Hinge

It is clear that the hinges for the JCR (and probably the CC since they are described as similar) are located on the corner armor. I guess this would work but it would seem to put a lot of stress on the screws/bolts that attach the armor to the tub. It seems strange that they (either company) didn't take advantage of the very strong sub-frame structure to which the stock hinges mount (as most other body mount tire carriers seem to do).

FishsJK

It's always about who has the next new thing.. I for one will be sticking with my crusader rear and shield carrier.

Sullivan

It is clear that the hinges for the JCR (and probably the CC since they are described as similar) are located on the corner armor. I guess this would work but it would seem to put a lot of stress on the screws/bolts that attach the armor to the tub. It seems strange that they (either company) didn't take advantage of the very strong sub-frame structure to which the stock hinges mount (as most other body mount tire carriers seem to do).

CC does not attach to the armor. They use the same hinges as most. Same as Genright tire carrier. It mounts to the tailgate hinge location and then uses the inner part of tub for reinforcement. Very strong

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Ive been running the CC rear tire carrier for well over a year now. No issues. Nothing bad to say about it but nothing that's amazing about it. Holds my tire nice and tight =) Ran the Rubicon with it and tire was still there when i got home so i was happy about that. Price was good and i like the stuff they make so i run a lot of it. JOHNBULL.jpg

Top Bottom