Thread: High Clearance Rear Bumper

Knows a Thing or Two JKU EXTREME's Avatar

High Clearance Rear Bumper

Okay, so I know many of you Wayalifers are not fans of the high clearance rear bumpers. And with good reason, because those bumpers require you to either trim the rear cross member or cut it out entirely (i.e. JCR Dagger, Crawler Conceptz Skinny Rear, and the Poison Spyder BFH). I however have stumbled upon a bumper that offers both the high clearance and a solution to the rear crossmember dilemma. The Savvy JK LHT Steel Rear Bumper, Spare Tire Ready. You have to cut the entire rear crossmember out, like most high clearance rears, but they give you another, shorter, rear cross member to be welded in. I like this bumper because of that feature. I am currently running bumperless, and am looking to get a body mounted tire carrier (it's in another post, that is currently being debated) and want a rear bumper that doesn't compromise the departure angle. If ya'll bring new light to the situation then I will think harder about this bumper. But I can always stay bumperless, not a big deal.
    http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/Savvy-J...y-BMP-RJKS.htm
    Thanks!

1417570325040-2051562880.jpeg1417570296208-858959086.jpeg1417570291830-1879513693.jpeg1417570300159619621727.jpeg

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    I like their front bumpers, but would probably skip the rear. I just can't see myself cutting up the rear cross member

Knows a Thing or Two JKU EXTREME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    I like their front bumpers, but would probably skip the rear. I just can't see myself cutting up the rear cross member
    Yeah for me at the moment (keep in mind I have no money, so it's just an idea) I like that it comes with another rear crossmember, but I'm not the biggest fan. But my end result build, I will cut the rear crossmember. But it would be a little more heavy dusty than this one.