Anyone know the story behind this?

TheMikeD

I was out at the Wildomar OHV area today and noticed a white jeep up in the hills. After some exploring I came to the bottom of a pretty treacherous trail that was labeled as "extreme." Since I was alone and I'm a novice wheeler I hiked up and found this.

jeep wreck.jpg

Does anyone know the story behind this? I assume he came down the hill and based on what's left, he had no business trying this...

Markymark420

That Cherokee has been there for months at least.
That hill is called "Bloody Jersey" reportedly after a visiting east coaster that was seriously hurt when the vehicle they were in rolled down the hill.

TheMikeD

That Cherokee has been there for months at least.
That hill is called "Bloody Jersey" reportedly after a visiting east coaster that was seriously hurt when the vehicle they were in rolled down the hill.

That sounds about right. Thanks for the info

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Don't know the story but it looks fairly recent as it still looks in good shape. But it doesn't look like he should have been there.

Robin.CT

Ouch... That looks like it had a decent spill... Strange to think what he must have done as that hill doesn't look too hectic to climb or descend... But you never know...
If it were a Toyota one could understand easier...

JAGS

Hooked
Ouch... That looks like it had a decent spill... Strange to think what he must have done as that hill doesn't look too hectic to climb or descend... But you never know...
If it were a Toyota one could understand easier...

Beer, darkness and offroading are rarely a good mix.

Geodeal

Too bad he had to abandon it.

I used to do trails labeled extreme without even thinking about it
but after 1000 dollars worth of damage one time I'm a little more conservative - for now anyway.

Top Bottom